Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1972 Topps Centering Question

Do you measure from edge of picture to bottom of border, or from bottom of name to bottom of border?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take it. SOLD!

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/B centering is measured from the top of the arch. That card is very nicely centered~maybe a tad low but very nice.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

<< <i>T/B centering is measured from the top of the arch. That card is very nicely centered~maybe a tad low but very nice. >>

Thanks Tim. I was thinking a tad low too... I understand measuring from the top of the arch to the edge and compare to the border on bottom, but for the bottom, not sure if I should measure the space below his name, or the space below the picture to the sides of his name?

Thanks
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>T/B centering is measured from the top of the arch. That card is very nicely centered~maybe a tad low but very nice. >>

Thanks Tim. I was thinking a tad low too... I understand measuring from the top of the arch to the edge and compare to the border on bottom, but for the bottom, not sure if I should measure the space below his name, or the space below the picture to the sides of his name?

Thanks >>

Anytime, Brian~my understanding is that for centering on bottom PSA measures from the bottom of the border encircling the player's name.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

+1. That's how I understood it too.

Dave
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what's so great about this site: Lots of knowledge being passed around freely. Good stuff, guys!
    Daniel