Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

pickups from local show this weekend - Clemente & Staubach RCs

I attended the twice a year Washington Sports Collectors Association card show near Seattle. This show usually has about 30 tables with a good mix of vintage cards and sports memorabilia. This is my 4th time attending and I've usually found some nice ungraded sets or singles, but usually don't see much high end graded vintage. There happened to be a guy setup at the show this time that had a great selection of graded singles from all sports. After some negotiation, we worked out a deal for the following two cards.

I'm super pumped as these are two cards of been trying to find with good centering for a couple of years now. Really happy to add them to my collection.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Congrats on two super pickups! Some day I may get a Clemente like that. For now, I have a PSA 2 for my 1955 Topps set.
    Daniel
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Beauties. I guess that was worth the price of admission.

Great haul! Both cards!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding eye appeal for the grades on those, Ryan!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Those are both great looking cards. I need both of those cards and I have not found the right ones at the right price. Glad to see you nailed both of them.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Very nice cards! Staubach was a favorite of mine as a young kid. The Clemente is a "high-end" 6. Congrats.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Clemente has excellent eye appeal! Congrats on the card show pickup!
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    Always great to see a fellow CU member nail a stellar card like that Clemente!
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Always nice to see a centered Roger, great looking cards!
  • Options
    Beautiful Clemente. Love it
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Wow those look amazing congrats on your big score.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words fellas. I was so excited after yesterday I decided to go back this morning and picked up another centered beauty. Ended up blowing a big chunk of the funds I had allocated towards the national this weekend, but so worth it!

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Another great card must be a nice show or just one high end dealer.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another great card must be a nice show or just one high end dealer. >>

He's new there this year. The guy had amazing stuff. I actually have met him while shooting Seahawk games as he sits near the field. Small world.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic cards
    love that maravich
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Wow! Very stellar cards

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I also attended the show this weekend, have for many years and it's a good, fun show. Love talking cards with the dealers, always good guys there. It's the country's longest running card show BTW. I'm jumping into Ryan's thread but as you'll see my pickups won't get close to what he picked up. Snagged a '52 high and I needed a upgrade of my '56 Klu. Also found a table with some really nice '60 Topps. Thanks. Doug