Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Trimmed Jordan RC?

Jordan 1986 RC

The top of this card curves upward even though the rest of the card is sitting square with the graded case. I'm not an expert on alterations -- anyone else have an opinion?

Comments

• DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Just a quick eyeball on some of my 1986 Fleer cards in new PSA holders...they have a similar gap. So I'd lean towards not trimmed as it also passed PSA with an 8.5.
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    If that's an 8.5, I really need to send my 8 back in:

• shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Bob, but they're tough on that right side blue chipping. will put you in an 8 always. great card though regardless.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>right side blue chipping. great card though regardless. >>

First thing I noticed as well, the corners are much nicer than the 8.5.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Strong Centering on that 8.5
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • I would buy Bob's card over that 8.5 any day -- especially since Bob's has more cardboard and doesn't have a slanted top edge.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    The 8.5 looks trimmed to me. Top edge shows bigger gap from left corner to middle.
    Middle to right corner has less gap. Your EOT is, there is no white fuzz from left corner to
    to the middle as oppose to white fuzz from the middle to the right corner. That occurs when a
    cut from a blade was not straight and shows up very well on colored borders.

Bob's 8 is correct. OC all around and the blue chipping on the right.

• Thanks for that tip, EagleEye!
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did get a "High End" designation.

• BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    opps - my bad. I uploaded a pic of my old MJ. Thought it looked a little OC. here was the upgrade. I still feel it could be a 8.5:

• RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    That's as nice an 8 as you'll see. If it was in a 9 holder I'd consider it a high end 9. Obviously it's hard to see the surface and back but everything else on it is just about perfect
    It never leaves you...

• << <i>opps - my bad. I uploaded a pic of my old MJ. Thought it looked a little OC. here was the upgrade. I still feel it could be a 8.5:

image >>

That sure is nice for an 8. It has all of the eye appeal of a PSA 9. Great card.
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Agree 110% with Eagleeye. Undersized, angled and the top edge speaks for itself.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions