Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Good luck to all those who are holding the top spots on the registry

I don't expect much movement on my sets that I have, but it will be nice to see some sets recognized for being the top this afternoon. My only disappointment (potentially) is that I had a 7 day order log on 5/8 of this month and I still have not received poppage. If I did receive poppage, then I could have a set recognized for being at 100% complete. To be honest, I would not have subbed the card if I knew I would not get it done by today but I knew I was cutting it close. Oh well, not as if it really matters. I just wanted to give a shout out to all those on the registry and to today's deadline.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Good reminder I had better check my sets today and hope nothing slipped. Good luck to you!
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't expect much movement on my sets that I have, but it will be nice to see some sets recognized for being the top this afternoon. My only disappointment (potentially) is that I had a 7 day order log on 5/8 of this month and I still have not received poppage. If I did receive poppage, then I could have a set recognized for being at 100% complete. To be honest, I would not have subbed the card if I knew I would not get it done by today but I knew I was cutting it close. Oh well, not as if it really matters. I just wanted to give a shout out to all those on the registry and to today's deadline. >>

I blundered a similar situation. I need one card to complete a set and simply forgot to include it in my last sub.
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Any last minute surprises out there?
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Finished two big sets this year after building for 7+ years. Glad to see that I will get the titles on these for at least one year. Collector on the 1994 Finest registry came in the last month who had put together a substantially similar set to mine 9.14 to 9.12. (Really appreciate the company) Thought he might upgrade some cards last minute but didn't happen. With a 440 card set its hard to move the dial however.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I should be getting the award for my 1977 Topps HOF Baseball set. This is a big step toward me tackling this set in high grade. I added some 8s and 9s to fill the holes to get the award but I will be finishing this in all 10s ASAP. Down to 6 cards to finish this set in the highest grade possible. Once I'm finished with this, I will be aggressively tackling the rest of the 1977 set in high grade. Thank God I have the Munson in a 10 already.

1977 Topps HoF Baseball Set

Justin
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, super impressive set.

I am going to get 37 awards if I counted right...... it is not as impressive as it sounds as some are specific wrestler registries, but since they were prominent wrestlers, I had requested that they be added.

I am disappointed that a seven day order did not get done in time that would have added a few more awards for this year........I am on business day 14 right now. I nearly got an award for 1974 Yamakatsu wrestling that holds a few Andre the Giant rookies, but I'll have to wait for 2016. I am going to miss the award by a business day or two. I needed an Inoki done from the set but did not get it in time.

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Ha, got poppage an hour late! My kind of luck!

• Options
    1 1 24229038 FAIR 1.5 1910 Taddy & Company Frank Crozier Card
    2 1 24229039 VERY GOOD 3 1910 T224 Pet Cigarettes Sports Champions Frank Gotch Card
    3 1 24229040 N0: AUTHENTIC 1920 W519 Hand Cut 20 Zbyszko Card
    4 1 24229041 GOOD 2 1950 Ace Lavando, YO Descansando 63 Mae Young Card
    5 1 24229042 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1952 Al Haft's Stars of the Mat Johnny Valentine Card
    6 1 24229043 EXCELLENT 5 1953 Al Haft's Stars of the Mat Louis Thesz Card
    7 1 24229044 EXCELLENT 5 1953 Al Haft's Stars of the Mat Vern Gagne Card
    8 1 24229045 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1973 Wrestling Annual #6-Hand Cut Andre the Giant Card
    8 2 24229046 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1973 Wrestling Annual #6-Hand Cut Andre the Giant Card
    9 1 24229047 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1974 Yamakatsu New Japan Pro Wrestling 17 Antonio Inoki Card
    10 1 24229048 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1976 Yamakatsu All Japan Pro Wrestling 40 Harley Race Card
    11 1 24229049 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Ric Flair Card
    12 1 24229050 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982-1983 Bbm Puroresu Magazine-Hand Cut Hulk Hogan August 1982 Card
    13 1 24229051 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982-1983 Bbm Puroresu Magazine-Hand Cut Hulk Hogan September 1982 Card
    14 1 24229052 GEM MINT 10 2000 WCW Magazine 23 Miss Han.....(Stacy Keibler) Perforated Card
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha, got poppage an hour late! My kind of luck! >>

Wow, this is ridiculous. They should allow for an exception for this!

Justin
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422

<< <i>I should be getting the award for my 1977 Topps HOF Baseball set. This is a big step toward me tackling this set in high grade. I added some 8s and 9s to fill the holes to get the award but I will be finishing this in all 10s ASAP. Down to 6 cards to finish this set in the highest grade possible. Once I'm finished with this, I will be aggressively tackling the rest of the 1977 set in high grade. Thank God I have the Munson in a 10 already.

1977 Topps HoF Baseball Set >>

That is an AWESOME set!! I really enjoy looking at your retired Mathews registry too.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice sets!

I ended up super life busy and missed the chance to get some subs out to get the grades back in time .. So it goes ..
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I believe I'll still just have the one set this year. I'm very close to 100% with Bosworth, just need one more card. Also, waiting for PSA to create the 49ers SBXXV card. I requested it since 5/2 but hasn't been added yet. That would have been an award most likely. A few more sets that might grow into awards by next year. Coming along nice and slow...
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ha, got poppage an hour late! My kind of luck! >>

Wow, this is ridiculous. They should allow for an exception for this!

Justin >>

I still cannot add it since it was the first one graded.....I put in the request though. image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice work on the PET Gotch...glad it crossed to VG from SGC. Did you crack and sub or crossover? >>

Crack and sub.....it worked out! image Thanks for parting with that Gotch Pet card. I found a friend who really wanted my old one. A nice swap and I have a better one now.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I had the top Phil Niekro Basic Set for about the last 9 months. My lead was slim but I had visions of regaining the crown I held in 2008. Alas, 'twas not to be.

All in all, no big deal. I'm happy to finally have it complete. I may upgrade a few cards here and there but I'm mostly satisfied and off on other pursuits.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I held out and got 15, now the real nervous waiting comes to see if I'm lucky enough to get a best of with one of my two shots. I also have 2 sets I just need one more card to win, argh oh well I guess I always need goals for next year. Congrats to all the winners out there!
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    After 10 years, I was finally able to move into the top spot in the "All-Time Buffalo Bills" set. This to go along with upgrading my already #1 "Buffalo Bills Team Hall/Wall of Fame" set.