Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1858 Flying Eagle Cent PCGS AU53 (Really Original) & Other Coins

TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
To view this coin and other choice pieces please go to my website at Thomas Bush Numismatics. You may view inventory, read educational articles about numismatics or request to be added to my advance notice email list.

In 1857 the first large scale production of small cents took place at the US Mint under the direction of the Act of February 21, 1857. Not only did the venerable Flying Eagle cent begin production in earnest, but foreign coinage, primarily Mexican and Spanish, would be removed from daily commerce for good. The Flying Eagle series is a brief, extremely popular type only produced for three years. In 1858 there were two major varieties produced and these differed by their obverse lettering. It is my opinion that the Small Letters coins are far more aesthetically pleasing than the Large Letters examples. The Small Letters offered here has wonderful, original surfaces with some retained crud and great color. To go much above this choice AU grade would mean a serious expansion of the budget. $235.00

Link to 1858 Flying Eagle Cent
Inventory Page
Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice FE!

& Subscribed to email list.

I love the 1839-O CBH on your website!!!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent!
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson