Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New Chinese Dollar, GTG before I send it in.

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
This came out of a large unsorted bulk lot from a dealer. I lucked out quite a bit on the lot in general. He was happy just to dump it and move on since he knew nothing of world coins.
This will be part of my next batch I send in.
My guess PCGS grade should come back AU55 but shot at 58. Does have alot of luster under the toning and white around some of the characters.

Comments

• coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    VERY NICE COIN. I know they look a lot at the scales on dragon when grading and yours seems to took great. ashame about the ding at the top rim. I think AU no problem.

nice pick up
  • coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    VERY NICE COIN. I know they look a lot at the scales on dragon when grading and yours seems to took great. ashame about the ding at the top rim. I think AU no problem.

nice pick up
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see XF40
    Does it have more luster than is showing in the picture?
    Nice coin by the way. image
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a bit more luster in hand. I can post a pic tonight at a slightly angle. My lighting is really just good for circ coins. Anything AU/Unc I struggle to image accurately.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do. I'd like to see another angle...
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quite a bit more luster in hand. I can post a pic tonight at a slightly angle. My lighting is really just good for circ coins. Anything AU/Unc I struggle to image accurately. >>

if you can picture an air traffic controller, then you can picture how i hold my lights. finding the right angle is rarely an issue.

left hand, 1 light & 1 shutter release and right hand 1 light.

if one can achieve gr8 images with fixed/adjustable light positions, go for it, if not, break those lights free!

you can look at the screen and get an idea of what your pics will look like as you move the light(s) around.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -