Home Sports Talk
Options

Pittiful showing by Atlanta........

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know they had little chance to pull this game out.....much less the series!

BUT

I have never seen an NBA team in a playoff must win situation give up and pull their starters in the 3rd quarter!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Hawks had shown an ability to recover and close on the Cavs leads in the other three games, but tonight they didn't have that. they seemed flat from the start and by the middle of the third quarter the game was over, nothing left in Atlanta's tank. Cleveland's advantage on the boards was clearly in play tonight, I think that was the difference.
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭
    My money is on the warriors in the finals.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hawks "retiring" in that game reminded me of some horses I bet in the past when faced with no chance to win basically "pull up". Only reason I can see why they "performed" the way they did was they figured they could'nt win in the long run,so "pull up" and coast to avoid injury. Possibly a directive came from upper mgt. to save themselves for next year. Given the $ these players make and have invested in them it would'nt surprise me if this scenario might be so. Of course players/mgt. would always deny this may have been so. Would have to answer to the league for that. But I wonder what the players really think in this regard after such a performance,being down 3-0 and seemingly outclassed.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it could always be that they were outclassed, right??