Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What you suggest box buying 2015??

Personally i dont collect this new shiny stuff, but my brother likes it and the joy of opening packs is fun too!
I am out of touch, so what is the HOTTEST new box you reccomend? Is it Bowman Chrome? or something else? I have done some research and know to look thru hobby sites/stores because of the H-R boxes, H=Hobby and R=Retail.
Usually the big star/hits are in the hobby boxes.
I am looking for something for him coming up in June. What is the best bang?? He also like football as well< so any choices there as well??
Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)

Comments

• Options
    BASEBALL
    Bowman
    Bowman Chrome
    Bowman Draft
    Topps Tek (latest release)

FOOTBALL
    Topps Chrome
    Playoff Contenders

BASKETBALL
    Panini Prizm
    Panini Select (latest release)

HOCKEY
    Upper Deck
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what your budget is but I'll make a few suggestions of things I like, but I'll admit it's not necessarily what's hot.

But I have had some fun ripping this product.

For baseball I enjoy Heritage. Most cards aren't shiny, but there are chromes, autos, and relics.

I'm also a fan of Archives. New edition out early June. 2 autos per box.

For football, 2013 Topps Chrome Blaster boxes have been a lot of fun. 8 packs for about 10 bucks. There are 2 kinds of boxes. One with 7 packs plus one, and another with 7 packs, plus a jersey card pack.

I also enjoyed ripping 2014 Topps Prime. 10 packs in a Hobby box with 4 hits. I've had some good pulls from a pair of boxes.

Good luck. Out of sheer curiosity, I'd love to know what you decide on.

Jim

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    2015 has not been good so far. Bowman was not a good product. 2014 had some gems if you want to go that route.