Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can anyone explain this ebay sale?

Besides just saying TRIAPD.

Sale looks legit.
All your money won't another minute buy.

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Besides just saying TRIAPD.
    >>

What other explanation can there be? It's low pop, folks is crazy.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Only 2 bidders bidding past the $275 mark. The winning bidder kept upping his bid at the end as he had the last 4 bids so no telling what he was willing to pay. The last one sold for $9.99 in June of 2013.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic bidding war between two bidders~that said, I now have to look through all my rack pack fresh commons to find mint Mike Phillips cards, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Besides just saying TRIAPD.
    >>

Is that "the registry is a powerful drug"? That's an acronym, now?? Haha image (can't believe I figured it out, if that's it...)
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    kudos if ya did. i was scratching my head as well. and if that's not it, it should be!!
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Only 2 bidders bidding past the $275 mark. The winning bidder kept upping his bid at the end as he had the last 4 bids so no telling what he was willing to pay. The last one sold for $9.99 in June of 2013. >>

Only 3 past the $30 mark.

Anyone wanna bet on at least one of the bidders being the consignor or someone familiar with the consignor?
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Or it could stand for That Really Is A Pathetic Dude (jk).
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Only 2 bidders bidding past the $275 mark. The winning bidder kept upping his bid at the end as he had the last 4 bids so no telling what he was willing to pay. The last one sold for $9.99 in June of 2013. >>

Only 3 past the $30 mark.

Anyone wanna bet on at least one of the bidders being the consignor or someone familiar with the consignor? >>

I don't know but the possibility is the reason I never bid on anything these consignors sell.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I would never bid that much on a common modern card with that kind of reverse centering.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Here's the location on the sheet, top right corner:

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the location on the sheet, top right corner:

image >>

That would explain how difficult finding one in mint condition would be, but $500 difficult? LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they thought they were bidding on a Michael Phelps pre-birth rookie card?
  • Options
    Registry-whipped: a condition in which the collector feels compelled to purchase a card, in order to satisfy the registry gods.
  • Options
    ken61ken61 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I just checked my 1979 Topps box and all four that I have are a little off center. But a couple don't look bad. I think I'd pass on the 1979 Mike Phillips in PSA9 and maybe get a 60s era Mantle in a PSA7 instead.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Probably that Cardinal crazy Shane image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al