Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you do with...

PSA cards that receive grades lower than expected? For example, I got back a 2011 Trout Update, 89 UD Griffey,
90 Leaf ThoMas all with 5's s, a 2015 Jeter got an 8.5, and an 87 Tiffany B. Larkin with a 6.

Is there a market for stuff like this, or do I have to eat it? I reckon I could make some kind of art project or something LOL...

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me on some modern cards. I subbed an Andrew Luck jersey card and it came back a 7 and an Anthony Davis refractor (type) card that came back a 6. I will crack them out of the holders and keep them raw at that point. If I were to sell them I am pretty sure I would get more from them raw vs in those holders. In most cases even 8's and some 9's of modern cards will sell for less than for the same card raw.
    Steve
  • Options
    With the exception of the Jeter, crack them out and sell them raw.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With the exception of the Jeter, crack them out and sell them raw. >>

Why? Card is worth the same either way, so why crack them out?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>With the exception of the Jeter, crack them out and sell them raw. >>

Why? Card is worth the same either way, so why crack them out? >>

Most very low-value cards sell for more raw than they do in a PSA 7 or lower holder.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try and accumulate enough of them and sell them as a lot.

I think if you are planning to keep them for your raw collection, cracking them out is a viable option.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, this is why I love this board...