Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wrestling Fans

Walked into my local pizzeria to get a slice and I see the below hanging on the door! An evening of wrestling in my town! Valentine is friggin 63 and the Bushwacker is 68!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Hah! That's great! They just had one a few weeks ago at a local high school near us and it had Kurt Angle and Tony Atlas. I remember Tony Atlas from when I was a young kid in Atlanta!

Here's the link:

Big Time Wrestling
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a fun way to spend an evening. Have fun!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That looks like a fun way to spend an evening. Have fun!

Mike >>

Are you going?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Probably not Rob, but you never know. It might actually be fun!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Greg " the hammer " Valentine is still wrestling? Wow!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet the no holds barred match will be awesome!

Here is a match I went to in Orlando at the Armory and it was insane.

No holds barred

At the 11:29 second mark you can see me with my red solo cup in hand going wild. Haha The promoter let us mix drinks and bring them in. It certainly makes it a lot more entertaining when you have some vodka in your tank!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    HAHA. That's great ... fighting on the concrete. How many spectators were there?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I bet the no holds barred match will be awesome!

No holds barred

At the 11:29 second mark you can see me with my red solo cup in hand going wild. Haha The promoter let us mix drinks and bring them in. It certainly makes it a lot more entertaining when you have some vodka in your tank! >>

You didn't follow the shenanigans into the men's room?
  • Options

<< <i>

No holds barred

At the 11:29 second mark you can see me with my red solo cup in hand going wild. Haha The promoter let us mix drinks and bring them in. It certainly makes it a lot more entertaining when you have some vodka in your tank! >>

You didn't follow the shenanigans into the men's room? >>

Of course I did. Keep watching from that point. It was an awesome match.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

No holds barred

I am speechless.
  • Options

<< <i>HAHA. That's great ... fighting on the concrete. How many spectators were there? >>

It is hard to tell. Maybe 75. It wasn't a very well attended show but certainly entertaining. On some of these indi cards you will see a lot of really low talent wrestlers who actually have to pay to be on the show. This was one of the best matches for this type of show you could ever hope to see. Both of these guys have wrestled in bigger promotions.

This promoter will bring in older names like a Valentine too. It was either this show or the next one where he had Manny Fernandez but he could barely walk let alone wrestle. It was sad to watch. Valentine unfortunately is very hard to work with and is said to no show a lot and at every wrestling convention he is at gets smashed. I am not talking just buzzed but hammered. His auto looks so different as the day goes on.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    You crack me up in that video Dpeck....... people forget how fun these shows can be though. I had not been to one in many, many years and took my nephews. They both absolutely loved it and the nine year old was talking about it a month after it. It is unfortunate that they don't have the shows here now but once a year. We need to go to the next one too. There was some amazing stunts, and I was amazed at some things too.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>You crack me up in that video Dpeck....... people forget how fun these shows can be though. I had not been to one in many, many years and took my nephews. They both absolutely loved it and the nine year old was talking about it a month after it. It is unfortunate that they don't have the shows here now but once a year. We need to go to the next one too. There was some amazing stunts, and I was amazed at some things too. >>

I was having a lot of fun. As one could imagine I barely had a voice by the end. Haha