Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Headed to the C-USA Championship Baseball Game Tomorrow Thanks to the Wounded Warrior Project!!!

It's in Hattiesburg, MS at the University of Southern Mississippi ball field. Florida International University is going to take on University of Alabama at Birmingham in the final game. I'm not familiar with the C-USA conference, but I get to do a meet and greet with the players and coaches from both teams! I think is pretty darn cool! Do y'all know of any players from either team that are going to the Minors/Majors? I plan on get a couple of baseballs for the teams to sign and hopefully some individual index cards for each to sign! If y'all can let me know of any names to be looking out for please let me know! Thank you in advance!

John

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just a little bit from Googling the teams:

FIU
    Junior Edwin Rios led Conference USA in home runs (18), RBI (55) and slugging percentage (.633) while hitting .314 overall. That's why Rios made First Team all-conference, the lone FIU player to do so.

No Panther hit better than senior outfielder Brian Portelli's .336 average. Junior reliever Danny Dopico piled up 49 strikeouts in only 39.1 innings with a 1.60 earned run average. Both made Second Team all-conference.

UAB
    RHP/DH Adam Lau was named to the 2015 John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year watch list, an award given annually to the nation’s top player both on the mound and at the plate. He is one of 36 players nationwide to earn the honor.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just a little bit from Googling the teams:

FIU
    Junior Edwin Rios led Conference USA in home runs (18), RBI (55) and slugging percentage (.633) while hitting .314 overall. That's why Rios made First Team all-conference, the lone FIU player to do so.

No Panther hit better than senior outfielder Brian Portelli's .336 average. Junior reliever Danny Dopico piled up 49 strikeouts in only 39.1 innings with a 1.60 earned run average. Both made Second Team all-conference.

UAB
    RHP/DH Adam Lau was named to the 2015 John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year watch list, an award given annually to the nation’s top player both on the mound and at the plate. He is one of 36 players nationwide to earn the honor. >>

Doug,

Thank you for that information! I didn't think about Googling the team DOH! I'll keep an eye out for those two!

John
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Want to make UAB happy tell them you support the football team effort aka #freeuab. Their football team was cancelled at the end of last season and they have been very upset. But do not mention the University of Alabama, Nick Saban or Paul Bryant jr. Have fun
  • Options

<< <i>Want to make UAB happy tell them you support the football team effort aka #freeuab. Their football team was cancelled at the end of last season and they have been very upset. But do not mention the University of Alabama, Nick Saban or Paul Bryant jr. Have fun >>

Will remember that bit of info!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!

I was actually an assistant coach for a wwp track and field (shotput and discus) 3 day camp at my college. They were some really neat guys with cool stories and I was (for whatever reason) very surprised at how polite and respectful they were. If I remember correctly one of the discus throwers was one of the top throwers in the country for his class.
  • Options

<< <i>That's awesome!

I was actually an assistant coach for a wwp track and field (shotput and discus) 3 day camp at my college. They were some really neat guys with cool stories and I was (for whatever reason) very surprised at how polite and respectful they were. If I remember correctly one of the discus throwers was one of the top throwers in the country for his class. >>

That's cool! I just recently started participating in the programs! I really appreciate you taking the time to work with us Wounded Warriors! It truly means the world to us!

John
  • Options
    John, thank you very much for your service! I hope you have a great time!