Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

With the Increased Prices of 86 Fleer Bkbll...

is opening up a pack at $700 not a terrible option?? I felt like at $400, you needed to hit a Jordan or a lower pop 10 to really make out (even Barkley 10s were $5-600 only). But now with all rookies and low pop commons going nuts, is it reasonable to open packs at this price??

Comments

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    just make sure the top card is in no way visible. From what I've read recently, the sequencing is easily predictable. If you can make out the top card, you'll be able to tell the rest of the cards in the pack.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I would not do it. It is not difficult to determine the top card, so the assumption would be that someone has already considered the sequencing and determined that the Jordan/Barkley/Malone/Olajuwan is not there. Of course, there's not telling if the sequence flips deep in the pack that might yield a Jordan or other key rookie, but if I was going to spend $700 on a pack, I would instead put that money toward a nicely graded Jordan or other key rookie.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    yeah, i hear you on sequencing, but i think many jordans have been sequenced out, but not sure about the other rookies. I feel like it wasn't until the last 6 mos when prices when nuts that people really even cared about the other rookies (to this extent).

i've opened one pack before and have others slabbed. pulled a decent barkely in my one pack, but was still only an 8 due to some minor chipping.