Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thes are the 19 $18.00 5 day special cards i sent in. just in case anyone wanted to know.

These are the nineteen cards I sent in to get an idea of grades based on a few factors.
These where sent in as a test submission to use as a guide for sending in commons SP etc
I can grade but I admit I'm not the best.
the 18.00 special was used for the quickness factor.
That being said I did enclose a note that if some of these grade good enough to bypass the $500.00 ceiling I'm will to pay the difference in grading fee.
It was a test grading and only a test grading, it's not all about money.
I have a coin I paid $30.00 to grade and $10.00 to get a picture taken of. The coins value $20.00, the Look Priceless.
I was excited because I see so many low grade problem cards, it was nice to see sharp fresh looking 60's cards.
They are from a person's personal collection from when he was a child, have not be cherry picked, have not be filled with hole filler. Just an honest collection.
If I paid to much, (BTW I Paid very high on these) I really don't care, i'm reliving my childhood and enjoying these nice cards.
Yes I'd love to see a 9, I'm dreaming of a 10, but reality tells me, 7-8's if I'm lucky.
But IDK, I love the fun I'm having.
Just like finding that 67 Mays that look like it got dropped in a tolite, it was funny and I enjoyed giving it away.
So Flame away on the grades, I don't care, I just don't understand why anyone would care that I spent 18 a card. Even if they graded 5, what's the big deal.
I'll probably have a contest once I get them back testing the "expert" graders on the board, till then I'll click the order status so many times till they pop.
Just thought I'd set the record straight for now.

1 1 1968 Topps 5 NL Home Run Leaders
2 1 1968 Topps 480 Manager's Dream Oliva/Cardenas/Clemente
3 1 1968 Topps 408 Steve Carlton
4 1 1968 Topps 374 Roberto Clemente All Star
5 1 1968 Topps 330 Roger Maris
6 1 1968 Topps 80 Rod Carew All-Star Rookie -
7 1 1968 Topps 45 Tom Seaver All-Star Rookie -
8 1 1968 Topps 247 Reds Rookies Johnny Bench/Ron Tompkins -
9 1 1968 Topps 100 Bob Gibson
10 1 1968 Topps 20 Brooks Robinson
11 1 1968 Topps 490 Super Stars Killebrew/Mays/Mantle

1 1 1965 Topps 350 Mickey Mantle
2 1 1965 Topps 250 Willie Mays -
3 1 1965 Topps 160 Bob Clemente -
4 1 1966 Topps 300 Bob Clemente -
5 1 1966 Topps 500 Hank Aaron
6 1 1967 Topps 581 Mets Rookies B.Denehy/T.Seaver
7 1 1967 Topps 600 Brooks Robinson -
8 1 1967 Topps 150 Mickey Mantle

Comments

• Options
    Hi Smitty,

I don't think many are criticizing you or judging. More just trying to provide helpful information to you, since it was requested.

Good luck with the submissions and please do update the threads in a week when the grades come in.

Casey
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    had an order that was received on monday. called in and was told it probably wont be logged in til mid-late next week...this was a 5 day turnaround.

just wanted to forewarn ya that it will take a good bit longer than you were expecting smitty....
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    if the graded value exceeds $500 after it is graded , there is no need to pay extra. The grading fee is based on your declared value

good luck with the grades , some nice cards there. some others that probably did not need to go on a premium service but like you said it was a test submission
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if the graded value exceeds $500 after it is graded , there is no need to pay extra. The grading fee is based on your declared value >>

That is not entirely true. I know of submitter's who got an up charge after the fact because a marque card graded high and became a much more valuable card.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! I'm rooting for you. The fun is what it's all about!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Smitty ... Best of luck with your submissions. Hope they work out for you.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your grades. Hope lots of high grade cards come your way. Good luck.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

All that 1968 Topps but no #177?

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All that 1968 Topps but no #177? >>

Why don't you just refer to it as the Nolan Ryan rookie? None of the others are referred to by number in this thread or the previous one (except for when you keep mentioned "177")
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All that 1968 Topps but no #177? >>

Saving the Best for last of course .... image
  • Options
    Good luck with the grades. I hope they meet your expectations.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    BruceinGaBruceinGa Posts: 268 ✭✭
    I'll be interested in seeing the results! Good luck.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck on your sub!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Smittys, you'll find plenty of good people here and a few not-so-good ones. Same as the US Coin Forum, or just about any message board anymore. Ignore the clowns image and enjoy the posts from the cool people image. Nice to see you on this forum; best of luck on the grades.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Appears like you chose some good ones there Smitty, good luck with the sub!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< if the graded value exceeds $500 after it is graded , there is no need to pay extra. The grading fee is based on your declared value >>

That is not entirely true. I know of submitter's who got an up charge after the fact because a marque card graded high and became a much more valuable card. >>

I know SGC does this but never heard of any such a thing at PSA. I have seen numerous results posted here which would have a significant number of candidates but have not heard anyone posted that they had to pay more.
  • Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭
    What a great lineup from a great year. I've been really enjoying the exploration of old threads and the POPPAGE ones in particular. Will be following yours closely, good luck!
    Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck with the grades, Smittys. Other than some centering issues, many of those cards look great so pay no attention to the naysayers as I don't think you're flushing your money down the toliteimage
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    yeah good luck, but isn't this the third thread about this group of cards? it must be some batch of cards, i guess.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough