Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hand cut card measurements/grading... Question for the experts.

I bought a card that I assume was hand cut.
It is a 84-91 Oconnel prints and it measures 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 will they grade this card and will it grade authentic or will they give a numerical grade? I know I've heard they have to be specific size.
Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    Anybody?
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not familiar with the issue. Can you post a scan of it? That would help.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    84-91 O'Connell & Son are not hand cut. Here is the excerpt from the standard catalog which may give you some additional insight:

This series of 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" blank-backed cards was issued over the period of 1984-91. Cards #1-180 were sold in annual series of 36 each from 1984-88; the 21-card Sixth Series was issued in 1990. The final 43 cards, plus unnumbered checklists for the first six series were distributed in issues of the company's newsletter, "The Infield Dirt." All cards feature black-and-white pen-and-ink player portraits by T.S. O'Connell and have only the player name and card number on front. Several styles of background, some in color, are found among the various series. Production was limited to 2,000 of each card.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases