Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Some Questions I have

Hey Guys,

Just have two questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

1. Is there a thread on this forum that lists the big dollar value cards for each Topps set? I know I could easily look at a price guide or something, but I just figured I'd ask. It would be nice to see a list and then check my sets to see if the card I have is worth grading.

2. I'm looking to start collecting a vintage set, maybe something in the 60's. I already have a 68 and a 69 set, but both sets consist mostly of raw cards in binders with just a few graded. I'm thinking about putting together a set in PSA 7. Which set of the 60s would be most available in PSA 7 and of course easier to obtain dollar wise?

Thinking about a 67 set as I have a Seaver rookie in PSA 5, getting a 7 would be cost me about $1000. I could always sell the 5 and put the money towards the 7 - however, I do not own any other 67 cards so I would have to start from scratch
In my 68 set I have the Ryan rookie in a PSA 7 already so the high dollar card is already taken care of. I also have the Mantle in a BCCG 8 (doubt it would crossover to a PSA 7 though)
I however like the look of the 66s - unfortunately I do not own any cards from this set so I would have to start from scratch

It's very confusing

Anyone care to chime in?

Thanks,
Chris
Love '83 Topps. Looking to put together a PSA 10 set.