Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone ever buy sets from New England Sports Cards?

The vintage sets they have listed on eBay always look near mint but heavily bowed. Wondering is anyone had luck with them, flattening out the cards, etc.
Here is an example:

Text
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If grading, dont't buy them. This is 4 sharp corners way of getting rid of their less desirable cards that will not grade well enough to make any money. if not grading, then I don't have an answer for you.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have set buying experience with them, but have bought singles and large lots. Their grading seems to be accurate with the possible exception of factoring centering in.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't have set buying experience with them, but have bought singles and large lots. Their grading seems to be accurate with the possible exception of factoring centering in. >>

Yes. In other words, a set described as NM will have nearly every card O/C, but otherwise NM. That was my first (and only) experience with them, anyway.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The vintage sets they have listed on eBay always look near mint but heavily bowed. Wondering is anyone had luck with them, flattening out the cards, etc.
    Here is an example:

Text >>

The bowing is because they are likely vending box grading rejects, as olb31 said.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in a while you'll see a bargain offered up by them.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.