Comments

• Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    I'm all over it!...already have some things sized up
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just received mine.

Edited to add: I know the OP listed the time, but don't forget it doesn't begin until 11:00am Eastern Time! I know a couple of people bought a few items last time about an hour or so before the bonus began!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    trying to save up for the national...grrrrrrr.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Once again.......I got no message
  • Options

<< <i>Once again.......I got no message >>

I usually do, but not this time.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Once again.......I got no message >>

I usually do, but not this time. >>

+1, though I've seen some come through late. Sometimes up to an hour or two after the bonus begins.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received mine.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Got it. Starts in 13 minutes
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Got mine...luckily an auction I am following ends within the next two days!
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Got it! If only it was not maxed out at $100.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Just ask the seller to "break" in two lots. In lot one for $1000 you get the front, and in lot 2 for a $1000 you get the back.
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    I've gotten the last few but not seeing this one. Bummer.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    I just received mine, better late than never. Now have to find something to buy lol.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    lots of listings ending the next two days!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I've generally stopped receiving these altogether. Such a bummer. I always took advantage.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    i still have yet to get one.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I got one (got one last week as well)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to use it however.

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I created a new ebay account a couple of weeks ago and didn't receive one in either of my accounts. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never been offered this promotion.

Either I don't spend enough? Or too much?
    Mike
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I think Grote just bought the only thing I was looking at.

Darn Mets fan!

aconte
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just received mine.

Edited to add: I know the OP listed the time, but don't forget it doesn't begin until 11:00am Eastern Time! I know a couple of people bought a few items last time about an hour or so before the bonus began! >>

That would have been me LOL
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I can't help but wonder if the onset of eBay Bucks can be tied to the overall increase in prices. I have a small list of wants of cards over $100. I like to wait until I get a Bucks offer and then I browse those cards. What I keep finding are the cards I'm looking at with BINs are already priced at VCP high for the grade, or sometimes, the grade above. With auctions, you have to hope the auction is set to close within the offer period. In those cases, it can get ugly. Back in November, I ran into a nice card (PSA 6) I wanted, that presented well for the grade, and it coincided with a 5X offer. I justified a bid well over VCP because of the Bucks. I'm guessing the other guy did too. I was the underbidder, and we demolished the previous high. A few weeks later there was also a 4 and a 5 coming up with 3X offer. I won both and set a new high on the 5. If I back out the 6% bucks, I actually paid closer to avg...but VCP can't tell that and thus both the High and the Avg. go up.

I just looked at 3 of the cards I'm wanting. Found examples of each that I'd be happy to own. But even with the 5X, can't justify it, as they all already have BINs either over VCP High or well over the Avg. and a ways off from recent sales.

Just wondering if BIN sellers are pricing higher with assumption that Bucks flow about 5 times per quarter?

Maybe I'm reading too much into a few isolated examples.

Curious.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Don't understand sellers sometimes. I am looking for a particular card and the VCP is $183. Only 2 examples on feebay now, $395 and $390 and one of those has a qualifier. This seems to be becoming the norm unfortunately. I got the 5X email and I buy a little and sell a little. I do have pretty high feedback. It says it is for VIP's? Maybe it is based on the amount of feedback?
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I am excluded from this. I have a hard time believing that the people that get these emails are chosen at random like Ebay claims.
    James
  • Options
    Definitely not random.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says a bonus for our VIPs. I haven't been buying or selling much so no telling what it takes to be a VIP.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a buying and selling ID. My selling ID has gotten the last 4 offers including the 5X offer. My buying ID hasn't received any of the last 4 offers.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>It says a bonus for our VIPs. I haven't been buying or selling much so no telling what it takes to be a VIP. >>

Ditto. I haven't bought a card in a month, and I've sold exactly one card in the last year or so. The card sold for about twenty bucks.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    I've bought two cards in the last two months and one was free with previous ebay bucks and I got this offer. I got a selling promotion a while ago that probably had to do with me not selling for a while which I didn't use but should have but I agree that the logic behind who gets these and who doesn't is strange.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to activate the promo before I paid for an item. image I called eBay and they said I'd have to get the seller to refund me and pay again. Hopefully he'll comply.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its glitchy like that. I "activate" the ebay bucks promotion, and sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Last night, I activated, it showed up, I did best offer and won, and when I went to pay, it didn't reflect on the "You Won" page (it showed the normal ebay bucks amount). So instead of finalizing payment through paypal, I went back out to the home page, activated it again, went back to the "You Won" page, and it showed up with the 5%. I usually need to do this in order to make it work.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    So what is the consensus on this.

I used to get the offers all the time. I have not bought much lately.

Is the bottom line that offers are only sent to regular or frequent buyers?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>So what is the consensus on this. I used to get the offers all the time. I have not bought much lately.
    Is the bottom line that offers are only sent to regular or frequent buyers? >>

I have purchased very little lately and get the offer all the time.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    i would like to figure their method out...ive still yet to receive an offer..not even 2x bucks...hmmm
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've generally stopped receiving these altogether. Such a bummer. I always took advantage. >>

Me too. I haven't received one in about a year. Guess I'll have to create a low feedback buying account.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After not getting included for 18 or so months I did get it the last time it was offered. Every time I asked someone at Ebay about it I was told that the people that got the offer were picked at random. I don't believe that is the case.
    James

Edit to add: I never received the actual email from Ebay but it was in my Ebay messages.