Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Spent about a half hour

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
going through Smeagle's online coin album this morning.

What a visual feast. Each piece better than the last. Curated with the eye of a connoisseur. Talk about a voyeuristic fantasy.
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely stunning collection!
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something to aspire for. Wonderfully done!
  • Options
    it is absolutely breath taking, better than museum quality pieces, just great great pieces of ancient artwork that just so happened to be money

=Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    TIF2TIF2 Posts: 233
    It is a breathtaking collection, meticulously photographed and well-presented-- a joy to behold.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That collection is a treat to enjoy. It's wonderful virtual museum and simply an awesome endeavor.
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone image I appreciate the compliments! I've fallen woefully behind in writing descriptions for my newer purchases, but will eventually catch up!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    I shared this on facebook and many people enjoyed it

I spent a long time on it yesterday on my tablet, I still haven't seen and read every coin but fully intend to
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    At some point I would love to see this collection published in printed form.

I just re-read the write-up on the gold Aureus of Vespasian, for sheer history what other coin can touch it?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% on all fronts.

I particularly like the interactive approach, asking the viewer to choose between Rome and Greece, and then presenting each coin as a chapter of history (rather than simply displaying thumbnails in chronological order or by type as most of us have).

I would totally buy a premium quality coffee table book version. I say coffee table because they tend to be larger format (with bigger images).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>Agree 100% on all fronts.

I particularly like the interactive approach, asking the viewer to choose between Rome and Greece, and then presenting each coin as a chapter of history (rather than simply displaying thumbnails in chronological order or by type as most of us have).

I would totally buy a premium quality coffee table book version. I say coffee table because they tend to be larger format (with bigger images). >>

I would purchase this as well

this is in line with if not better than the 100 greatest ancient coins book, so many pieces you have here are finest known, and the images are phenomenal, but it's really your write ups that bring the whole thing together, I know bits and pieces of the history of "greece" and "rome" but I find myself learning on every coin you wrote up

founder and president of PCGS Currency had this to say:

Jason William Bradford Some of these pieces are incredible. Really quite amazing.
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:53am
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry, I can be dense, but I do not understand what this is in reference to:

"Jason William Bradford Some of these pieces are incredible. Really quite amazing.
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:53am"

What is reply .1. yesterday?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    that was a straight copy and paste from facebook
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agree 100% on all fronts.

I would totally buy a premium quality coffee table book version. I say coffee table because they tend to be larger format (with bigger images). >>

Thanks! It would be quite enjoyable to put together a coffee table book, although the challenge will be finding the right time to do so, at a point where I've reached somewhat of a cadence in acquisitions.

I'm chasing a dozen coins over the space of the next month which will fill some missing spaces in my collection, but there are definitely some pieces which I feel are "necessary" to tell the story. Granted, there could always be a second edition image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Aha! So he's a scholar AND a business man.

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive and cool

Steve
    Promote the Hobby