Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anybody winning any of the PWCC auctions?

let's hear about it! who's winning these things?

some strong prices on some, some relative deals on others i'd say. they had a really nice selection of 50s graded cards i thought this time around.

Comments

• Options
    BliggityBliggity Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    T209 Fullenwider

I won this a couple nights ago. Tough card from a tough set. Nicer than the grade and a good price too considering it was a PWCC auction...
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for Heritage to end right now. Just got blasted out of the water (even being willing to spend more than I ever have on a card). Ugh! And by the way the 20% buyers premium is pure insanity. Costs the seller crazy money.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Was it the signed card of a certain basketball magician? If so, I'm in the same boat.
  • Options
    It is/was. I expected it to go for what it is at right now but no way. I think the quality of the card itself is playing a big part. I got my signed Mikan for $2700. The Maravich is a $4000 card at most in PSA 2-3 quality. That 6 is a blazer though.
  • Options
    Was top on 75 cello box for a long while on Heritage but it's gotten too high with buyers premium.
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I was interested in the maravich as well, but too rich for me. It is an amazing card though, one of those I'll probably be kicking myself for not buying a few years down the road.
  • Options

<< <i>I was interested in the maravich as well, but too rich for me. It is an amazing card though, one of those I'll probably be kicking myself for not buying a few years down the road. >>

I feel the same way but $7K is a lot of money for a card. I think it may hit $8500 w/ buyers premium
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting for Heritage to end right now. Just got blasted out of the water (even being willing to spend more than I ever have on a card). Ugh! And by the way the 20% buyers premium is pure insanity. Costs the seller crazy money. >>

I put my bids in as well, got a couple still live so we shall see

I agree the 20% prem is excessive
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Was top on 75 cello box for a long while on Heritage but it's gotten too high with buyers premium. >>

I'm sure I was underneath you for a little while but I dropped out as well

Had considered "sponsoring" a board break of that mini box but at $150 a pack I Worried it was too steep

I was more interested in the regular 75 cello box but it isn't wrapped which bothered me and why I dropped out
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that a 1989 Fleer Ken Griffey Jr. BGS 10 is over $3,000. Its not even the glossy version, just the regular.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    I went pretty strong, or so I thought, on the 59 mantle 4.5...and lost.

it was a stunning example
  • Options
    Pistol Pete went for $7500. If I knew it was coming two months ago I probably would have sold half my stuff. Ugh.
  • Options
    Bid what was basically PSA 8 money on a PSA 7.5 Aparicio RC. Considerably more than I thought I would need to get the job done. Lost anyway.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    CocoaBeachDodgersCocoaBeachDodgers Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bid what was basically PSA 8 money on a PSA 7.5 Aparicio RC. Considerably more than I thought I would need to get the job done. Lost anyway. >>

Yes, your right! I was also interested but not at that price.

Also, look at the Yastrzemski rookie, PSA 7. Nice centered ones often go a little over $250, maybe $350 if they are super nice. Tonight, one went for $985 ???
    I've seen nice 8's go for less than that? Nice, centered HOF rookies are going crazy the last couple months.
  • Options
    60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    I like Heritage's extended bidding rules........I was up until midnight (PST) following the Memory Lane auction (15 minute rule).
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting for Heritage to end right now. Just got blasted out of the water (even being willing to spend more than I ever have on a card). Ugh! And by the way the 20% buyers premium is pure insanity. Costs the seller crazy money. >>

Dont you live in LA? Make that 29%!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bid what was basically PSA 8 money on a PSA 7.5 Aparicio RC. Considerably more than I thought I would need to get the job done. Lost anyway. >>

I was also in on this auction. I thought I had a strong bid, but got blown away at the end. Also liked the Jackie Robinson 56 but seeing it over $500 scared me away.

Jeremy
  • Options
    Not the greatest but I got a 1981 rack box baseball for $237 shipped.
  • Options
    effeeffe Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Moved to the correct thread
  • Options

<< <i>

I was also in on this auction. I thought I had a strong bid, but got blown away at the end. Also liked the Jackie Robinson 56 but seeing it over $500 scared me away.

Jeremy >>

No worries. I'll just wait ANOTHER five years to find a copy of this card that I actually like. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jeremy >>

No worries. I'll just wait ANOTHER five years to find a copy of this card that I actually like. image >>

Ha ha...yeah, I totally hear you. I thought I had a strong bid as well for the 56 clemente that sold last week....yeah...no. That Aparicio was nice but not nice enough for me to fork over $416. Like you said, we'll just have to wait years for other copies to surface. I see you are at around 90% complete. That is awesome. My strategy while I'm at only 25% is to chip away at commons that I need that I can find nicely centered and take a break from the star cards for a while image Good luck with the rest of your set!

Jeremy
  • Options
    BobHBobH Posts: 206 ✭✭

<< <i>I went pretty strong, or so I thought, on the 59 mantle 4.5...and lost.

it was a stunning example >>

That Mantle was amazing in that grade.I thought $300-350 was about right for that card.........................not!
    I was able to pick up a nice 57 Brooks Robinson graded PSA 5.5
    Interested in 60's and 70's psa and raw star and hof cards
  • Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭
    Was this BBCE wrapped? Great price regardless.
    Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    Only got one - '56T Brady PSA 8. Been chasing one for a while for my '56T set. Paid less than what similar 8's have been going for. We happy!
  • Options
    dgordodgordo Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Sorry if this subject is inappropriate, but is it thought that many of these bids are shill bids? I bid pretty strongly on a few items on his last auction and my bids were blown away by the same bidder. I noticed that many of these cards are listed again in the current auction.

http://myworld.ebay.com/dgordo76

My current wish list:

https://forums.collectors.com/messageview.aspx?catid=27&threadid=952285&enterthread=y

Please pm me if you want to sell any of these cards.

Thanks!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry if this subject is inappropriate, but is it thought that many of these bids are shill bids? I bid pretty strongly on a few items on his last auction and my bids were blown away by the same bidder. I noticed that many of these cards are listed again in the current auction. >>

That would be very disappointing if that happened. Any specific cards that you are seeing in multiple auctions by them? Scary thing is mist high end items on Ebay these days seem to come from PWCC.
  • Options
    60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    What cards?
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not the greatest but I got a 1981 rack box baseball for $237 shipped. >>

That is a very good deal IMO on a 1981 rack box. Congrats on that.
    Steve
  • Options
    There were 3 Stargell rookies PSA 8, I was lucky enough to pick up this one:

[URL=http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/mankin043/media/1963stargell_zpsydaibmdr.jpg.html]image[/URL][/IMG]
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    landed this @ $486. pretty happy w/ price considering it was a pwcc item, the centering and overall eye appeal for a "7"...

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I won three 62 Post Cereal cards (two nines, one eight). I was the under bidder on the Zimmer nine. I have about 30% of the set-grades all over the place.