Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

what is the easiest way to contact a buyer?

For those of you that have sold items off Ebay, what is the best way to contact a prospective buyer through ebay messages? Hope this isn't a taboo subject, Tom

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they've purchased from you before, you should have their email address in the Paypal transaction. If not, ask if they are a member of forums X, Y, & Z along with providing your nick.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask them for their cell phone number.

Once you get it you can text them back and forth or get their email for further communication.

• Options
    "My eBay" --> "Selling" --> "Sold".

That page will bring up a list of items. From the item you sold, there is a drop-down menu on the right side that has an option to "Contact buyer".

I've sold plenty "off eBay" through their system and usually just exchange email addresses and go from there.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"My eBay" --> "Selling" --> "Sold".

That page will bring up a list of items. From the item you sold, there is a drop-down menu on the right side that has an option to "Contact buyer".

I've sold plenty "off eBay" through their system and usually just exchange email addresses and go from there. >>

It's easy when the auction is over. image He was asking about a *prospective* buyer.
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I have sold some, not many, items off ebay. Never on an aution, only my buy-it-nows and usually when I am contacted by someone looking to do an off ebay deal that is close to what I'm asking- "I'll give you $xx direct payment."

I do not negotiate through the ebay message system. I just do this:

Please contact me here - myemailaddress (a)(t) yah00 (d0t) c0m

Matt

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"My eBay" --> "Selling" --> "Sold".

I've sold plenty "off eBay" through their system and usually just exchange email addresses and go from there. >>

It's easy when the auction is over. image He was asking about a *prospective* buyer. >>

Ah. I don't understand the question then. How do you know they're a prospective buyer if you haven't *already* been in contact with them?
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ah. I don't understand the question then. How do you know they're a prospective buyer if you haven't *already* been in contact with them? >>

A bidder on an auction that hasn't ended is prospective buyer.
  • Options

<< <i>A bidder on an auction that hasn't ended is prospective buyer. >>

Ah. Click the item and you can see the bidding history. You can then click on their user name and contact them from their user page.