Home Sports Talk
Options

Dear Terry Collins

MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
I know you have had your share of injuries to deal with and am happy with the record to this point, but I think we can agree that things are not currently headed in the right direction. It is with that in mind that I offer the following thoughts:

1. John Mayberry is NOT a major league bat. Justifying him as the only non Michael Cuddyer move over the winter, is not reason to take away at bats from your actual major league hitters.
2. See above - your lineup is not working. Therefor there is no reason to continually insert subs into both the field AND lineup slot for continuity sake. Putting dead bats in the leadoff, third and cleanup slots makes no sense.
3. Ruben Tejada is NOT an answer to any question that leads to your being here next year. Makeup matters and his sucks and has for years.
4. When a man ruins a Matt Harvey start by giving the tying run up in the 8th and has clearly shown that he is either on or off, no middle, maybe he shouldn't see the mound in the 9th? And he sure shouldn't see the mound until the bases are loaded with none out.
5. If you were willing to bring in your closer there, why not just have him start the inning? Even better, in a crucial game, why not have your perfect on the season closer get a six out save, rather than take another suck the life from you loss?
6. Dilson Herrera is part of the future. If he is here, he doesn't lose at bats to Ruben Tejada
7. Lucas Duda has a 1.020 OPS against lefties this season, why the hell are you resting him against lefties, for Mayberry no less? Take a new snapshot of the man, he has worked hard and is your most dangerous hitter, period.
8. Kirk Nieuwenhuis is on the roster because he is out of options and is 3/34 on the season. Why is he batting ahead of anyone, let alone a potential future batting champion (Herrera, who has hit like crazy at every level)

Hopefully these ideas might help you cure your current case of rectal cranial inversion.

Sincerely,

A concerned fan.
1975 Mini Collector
ebay id Duffs_Dugout
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Mets, but this was a slightly better than .500 team at the start of the season and even with an 11-game winning streak mixed in last month, I don't see much that changes my mind.

Harvey is the real deal. Did we really have to take him out after 100 pitches tonight and 7 innings of shutout ball on 3 hits? Somewhere, Tom Seaver must be shaking his head..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started. He lets him pitch into the 9th with a six run lead, in a perfect spot to rest him, and yanks him in a one run game with a shutout.

My preseason guess was 85-88 and that still seems about right. I still despise the Wilpons and their "wow are our fans stupid" mentality. Only they would move in the fences three times on a new park to pretend their offense does't suck rather than actually, you know, improving the offense. If Michael Cuddyer is not David Wright's idol, he isn't here, period (and I like him as a player). If Curtis Granderson hadn't made a name in NY with the Yankees, hes not here either. The fact that they chose not to resign him should have told them something...

Watch a lifetime of baseball and you know what comes now. Good pitching with no hitting starts to feel it, get too fine and won't hold up. Followed by a small September push that lets them fool themselves into believing they are close with this lineup.

Last, tell me, as a Mets fan, that you don't believe to your core, that barring injury, Harvey pitches in the Bronx first chance he gets?
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions