Home Precious Metals
Options

Schiff meets Bernanke

derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
What Peter Schiff said to Ben Beranke

“This guy comes up to me. He says, ‘I was talking with Ben Bernanke. He was saying some bad things about you.’ So he’s already talking smack behind my back. I don’t blame him. I got no problem with Ben Bernanke saying bad things about Peter Schiff, because I say bad things about him all the time. What’s fair is fair…”

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schiff is all right.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regulation and Fannie and Freddie, persuaded by Clinton and the Bush to see to it that everyone owned a home were the root causes of the real estate bubble.

No one ever asked, "What happens when everyone owns a home?"

I bet Schiff wishes someone would pay him $200k for a speech. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    “So the first thing I said to him, ‘Look, I gotta let you know, full disclosure, I’m probably your biggest critic.’ To which Ben Bernanke replied, ‘Well, you got a lot of competition.’

Hilarious
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Ben did as good a job as could have been expected. I'm not a proponent of the whole fiat currency and Federal Reserve thing, but those things were created long before Ben came along and Congress is responsible for that and the only ones able to do anything about it...which they won't.

This sorta reminds me of what Madison said about slavery in that it was like having a tiger by the tail, neither being able to hold on or safely let it go.

I may agree with Schiff, but that doesn't make me dislike Bernanke for heading up the Fed and doing what it does. Congress deserves far more criticism than whoever happens to be at the Fed.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The repeal of the Glass Steagall Act in 1999 opened the door for all the free money from the FED to go to the investment banks like Goldman Sachs.

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of those guys in the picture comes off in the article as a decent fellow, the other one seems like a jerk.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of them comes off as a smug, "made man". The other one simply can't believe his luck. Differences in perspective here.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.