Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone else seeing a glitch in the point scoring with registry sets?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am,,,,,

GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's a glitch. Looks like the bonus points changed for pop 2/0 coins to top pop coins.
    24/0 now gets the same bonus as a 2/0. That's the way I originally interpreted the new bonus point system.
  • Options

GrandAm image
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    It's a complicated upgrade in the works. My set got initial boosts up, then another round. Give it time to have the programmers get it all sorted out.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I guess it's OK and what will be will be. I will still be under the sets that are over me now and that is OK with me. image
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Its gotta be a glitch. Take an ultramodern set like; "Washington Quarter Commemorative Series, Proof (2009-Present)". There are no pop 1/0 or 2/0 coins, each top pop is 10s or 100s in population, yet there has been a point increase for only one of the dozen or more practically identical top ranked. sets. All coins are PR70DC.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Well saying it was OK, I was only thinking about my Roosie's. Quarters and everything else is a different story.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My trade dollar set is virtually perfect yet now almost two points below the calculated finest possible set. Something is messed up...
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Personally, I don't get it. When is enough, enough? A top pop, regardless of total population, is still top dog. Because you lucked out and submitted the low pop coin or spent moon money to get it, shouldn't mean it's worthy of a bonus.

Just my opinion.

Dan
  • Options
    TDN

Looks like the glitch is with the Trade Dollar sets. Every other Dollar set has adjusted with the bonus points. Check out the seated dollar
    sets, early dollar sets and Morgans. I see the bonus points being added on all the other sets. Top pops with a 0 in the right column get
    1 bonus point and pop 1/0 get 2 bonus points. I'm not seeing this as actual bonus points. I'm seeing this as being calculated as a bonus
    grade. It will be calculated as if it's 2 full points higher in grade if it's a pop 1/0. if the same coin gets a weight of 3 in the registry it should
    receive a bonus of 18 points give or take based on how many coins are in your set. This is the way I'm seeing it based on what my sets
    did. That's why you are seeing some of these top sets points explode higher.
  • Options
    GrandAm image
  • Options
    Trade dollar sets have now been updated.
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are glitches. It seems that almost all modern coins that were First Strikes did not get upgraded. Only the non-First Strike coins did. Same with the DMPL coins. Only the PL and regular coins seem to have been updated, but the DMPL's did not.

I have sent requests to PCGS to please look into this, as almost all modern sets with First Strikes and DMPL's are messed up at the moment. I remain confident they will get it fixed. There are so many various labels and things in the modern coins, that they have a lot of detailed programming to do to be sure nothing was missed.
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Goldminer - Unfortunately, I have not received any requests from you. Where are you sending your feedback?

In answer to your questions, this week we are rolling out a change to the way we are calculating basic sets and First Strikes will definitely receive a bonus point if they are in the Top Pop.

As far as PL and DMPL, we have never given bonus points for those designations unless the coins are in a PL/DMPL set. However, these coins, if they are Top Pop, will receive Top Pop bonus points.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its gotta be a glitch. Take an ultramodern set like; "Washington Quarter Commemorative Series, Proof (2009-Present)". There are no pop 1/0 or 2/0 coins, each top pop is 10s or 100s in population, yet there has been a point increase for only one of the dozen or more practically identical top ranked. sets. All coins are PR70DC. >>

RESOLVED! for me at least. My set(s) were among more than a dozen identical sets. All should have been rated 71.00, number 1 under new system. My sets were rated 70.27 (number 30) and 79.35 (number 38). I deleted all coins except 1 from each set, published it, then added back all coins, then published, and both sets were re-calculated as 71.00 number 1. Some kind of glitch in how the recalculation was applied. hope this helps someone else.

(l8-)>>