Home Sports Talk
Options

I met another Baseball HOF'er

I just wanted to share a cool meeting my son and I had on friday night. We went to see our local AA team baseball game (Pensacola). They are an affiliate of the Reds which is my favorite team since I was a kid. As we were sitting in our seats prior to the game starting a group sat down behind us. One of the ladies was talking to her friend and said" Look at what I got". I glanced around to look and she had a kids sized Reds jersey with a couple signatures on it. One I recognized right away as Barry Larkin. I thought it was pretty cool and told her so. She said she had just gotten it and Barry was over in the dugout. I had read an article ealier that the reds had hired Barry as a roving infield coach but that's all I had read. I spotted him over in the dugout and got very excited for the chance of possibly getting to meet him. I kept a lookout throughout the game and once the last out was recorded, my son and I ran over to the walkway leading to the locker room and caught Barry before he went in. He graciously signed a baseball for me and my son. We thanked him for his time and shook his hand. He was very accomodating and personable. It was a really cool experience. I grew up a Reds fan and it was so cool to meet one of my baseball heros. My son doesn't know who he is as he is to young but knows how much I think of him and how cool it is to meet a great athlete.

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
>

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story, thanks for posting it!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set