Home Testing Forum

~ Archive of LordM BST Bargain Bin stuff, early May, 2015

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
Customary conditions: nothing over $100, etc.

By all means, please post your goodies below!

My stuff for early May:

Prices below include shipping unless otherwise mentioned. Full return privilege- just PM me if unsatisfied for any reason, and I'll make it good.

Will also consider trade offers on all but the German error coin, for which I'd prefer PayPal funds.

Canada: bronze large cent of George V, 1912, ICCS MS62 RB

KM 21. NGC/Krause priceguide value is $30.00 in MS60 and $75.00 in MS63. This looks much nicer in hand than in the low-res scans. ICCS's "flip" style holders may look cheesy, but I believe they have a reputation for pretty conservative grading, and they are arguably the "recognized" service for Canadian coins. I got this piece in a recent swap from "Ajaan", who had it priced at $32.50 on BST if I remember correctly. I'll take the Krause MS60 price for it and shipping is included. $30.00.

Germany (Weimar Republic): aluminum-bronze 10-rentenpfennig, 1924-A (off-center error)

A recent pickup from Germany, a nice bright BU coin, and a cool error. $99.00.

Here's another one that's fresh off the boat- er- plane- from Germany.

German States (Saxony): copper 2-pfennig, 1869-B

It's a nice Brown UNC with attractive, satiny luster and a touch of color. I'm asking $49.00 delivered.

The NGC/Krause priceguide value is $45.00 in MS60.

But I'm extremely confident that this should grade far better than MS60.

Great Britain: bronze farthing, 1918, Brown UNC

KM 808.1. This is a full Brown UNC but it retains some faint undertones of the original red. Overall it is slightly more reddish-brown than the photos indicate. $9.00 delivered.

Great Britain: undated hexagonal bronze medalet with old head of Queen Victoria and a heart (possibly a gaming token?), circa 1887-1901

Obverse inscription reads, "VICTORIA QUEEN AND EMPRESS". I've never seen another one like this. I initially thought the heart might be a sentimental memorial to Victoria after her death in 1901, but it was suggested to me that this was a gaming counter and the heart represents the playing card suit. (If so, there may have been others with spades, clubs, and diamonds on them, but I have yet to see anything like that.) I always thought this was a curious and interesting piece and still don't really know the story behind it. Its maximum outer dimensions are similar in diameter to a US nickel. Images were produced on a flatbed scanner, but are reasonably accurate. $15.00 delivered.

USA: 100-piece lot of dateless (1913) TYPE 1 Buffalo nickels (no culls- just naturally worn coins)

That's two and a half rolls. The two sealed rolls are unexamined by me, as I received them. The coins in this lot are dateless but otherwise OK-looking. Because they have the raised mound reverse, they are all attributable as 1913 Type 1 coins. According to the person I bought them from, there should be no culls or uglies or acid treated coins, and the examined loose pieces seem to bear that out. They are probably all P-mints. I bought these to make custom elongated coins but never got that project off the ground. They would be ideal for a similar craft project like jewelry or belt buckle making, or maybe hobo nickel carving. (Or elongates, as I had originally planned). I'll ask $29.00 for the lot, delivered domestically in a small Flat Rate Priority box. No sales outside North America for this lot, please, unless you wish to pay additional shipping.

USA: 10-piece lot of silver dimes (4 Mercury, 6 Roosevelt)

Includes a BU 1945-S Mercury dime with some goldish toning. There is also a Proof 1961 Roosevelt. (The low-res scan doesn't show much luster or mirrors. The BU Merc has decent luster, while the Proof Roosie has just average mirrors.) Also not shown in the scan is a tenth coin, which is an XF-ish 1959-D Roosevelt. The rest are average circulated pieces- your basic "junk silver". At the time of listing, this lot had about $11.70 melt value in the silver. I'll ask two dollars for shipping and round up to the next dollar. Aside from the shipping calculation, you're essentially getting the BU Merc and the proof Roosie figured at melt with the rest. $14.00 delivered. SOLD

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.