Home Sports Talk
Options

Evander Holyfield said he thought PAC-MAN won.

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
I did not see the fight. Did anyone see the fight and agrees with Evander ?

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather did nothing to win
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fight wasn't very close. Mayweather won without breaking much of a sweat. Mayweather threw more punches and landed way more punches then Manny. About 5 more per round. Manny landed 18 jabs the entire fight! He needed to land that many a round to beat Mayweather. Manny barely touched him. Maybe Mannys right hand was hurt. Mayweather, boring but effective. Manny won two rounds for sure and may have won two more at most. Neither fighter was hurt or ever in trouble. Both looked like they could go 12 more rounds. Snooze fest. There was zero controversy on the decision.

There will be no rematch. No one would pay anymore money to see it.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt see the fight but so far the few people that Ive talked to and saw the fight say Mayweather won, Im not sure what to think because some people are saying it wasnt even close then others say Pac should have won lol
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Mayweather did nothing to win

He landed close to twice as many punches as Pacquaio while throwing the same number. Even without the old adage "have to take the title from the champ", Mayweather won the boring fight easily enough. Factoring in "taking the title", Pacquiao did absolutely nothing to win. The people who "thought" PAC won simply dont like Mayweather's superior boxing and impenetrable defense. They wanted a brawl and Mayweather is too smart and PAC is not good enough to have forced that.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see the fight but I suppose its just natural to find ways to say manny should have won. It's pretty obvious that Mayweather is a piece of garbage , so its tough for people to accept that he won. In fact ,it's disgusting that he is even able to fight , he should be in prison . His wife and girlfriend beating record is a bigger story than his boxing record.

He wants to fight one more time so he can equal Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0? Way to marginalize a real boxer there champ, pretty sure Rocky didn't dodge opponents for years at a time or fight in such a pathetic boring style. No wonder boxing is a dead sport if this is the best it can offer up.

Even more embarrassing I think was the way celebrities and TV personalities go on and on about him. Steven A Smith spent a half hour fawning over him the other day it was nauseating . Although to be fair Steven is nauseating all the time so it wasn't really out of character.
  • Options
    Boxing has been rigged since the 50's but us fishies keep falling for it.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Guess who else thought Pac won...
    link
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    The fight reminded me of when Ali used to run away from Ken Norton image

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED