Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Fishy psa cards & slabs

Not sure if the seller is a crook but these look bad...... I'd stay away:

Psa

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look awful. I would chalk it up to not knowing sport cards. Looks like he deals in mostly coins.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow someone bought the Mathews......thousands of $ down the drain.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow someone bought the Mathews......thousands of $ down the drain. >>

Is the card a reprint?

The colors look funny but the grade seems close on this one.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow someone bought the Mathews......thousands of $ down the drain. >>

Is the card a reprint?

The colors look funny but the grade seems close on this one. >>

Yes they are bogus, hopefully the buyer can see it in hand and get a refund. I think larkencollector is right and he is a coin guy with no clue they are phony cards and slabs.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the coin guy excuse is baloney. he just broke a '62 Topps baseball set in lots and singles.
  • Options

<< <i>the coin guy excuse is baloney. he just broke a '62 Topps baseball set in lots and singles. >>

You may be right, those look like GMA slabs with fake cards in them and fake flips. Big time fraud IMO.
  • Options
    For education purposes, how can you tell they are fraud flips? I see holos, not great pictures of the holos, but they appear to be there. Does the player name font give it away? Please do describe.
  • Options

<< <i>For education purposes, how can you tell they are fraud flips? I see holos, not great pictures of the holos, but they appear to be there. Does the player name font give it away? Please do describe. >>

Inner part of the holder around the card was the first giveaway for me, lips should be clear, not frosted, and should not be as thick. No PSA embossing on the front or back of the slab at the bottom. On the Mantle Red Heart, no holo on the back of the flip, it's a matte gray. I'm not sure what the holo on the back of the 59 Mantle says, but there shouldn't be a 'G' in there.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    Looks like the Mantle's have been taken down. For anyone who wants to see a sample of the bad slabs, go to his Completed Listings, the Matthews PSA 6.