Home Precious Metals
Options

Latest ebay bucks bonus offer, how'd you make out?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
one month spending period of ebay bucks earned last last quarter ends 5/2. Should see extra/bonus bucks offers shortly there after and for the next two months until next spending period begins.

Recap for those not earning ebay bucks, make sure you are signed up. Learn more and sign up here.

To be eligible for ebay bucks bonus offers that arrive via ebay private message:
1. In My Ebay click on the Account tab
2. On left side of page click on Communication Preferences
3. Scroll down to Promotions and Surveys and click on Show.
4. Make sure there is a checkmark in the second box, General Email Promotions.
5. Click on save.

You are now eligible to receive ebay bucks promotion offers but will not always receive them. Be sure to read the message making the offer, many times it will have an "activate" button. When you do receive an offer, be sure to let the rest of us know so that we can be on the lookout for the ebay message.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I almost forgot about mine. Had $101 ebay bucks and used it on a 2013 Silver Kilo Snake to complete the set. Should be here tomorrow, just in time for MPF!!!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    Right on schedule:

"Who's eligible?
    Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

• Earn 4% in eBay Bucks on any qualifying item
    • Earn 6% in eBay Bucks for every qualifying item between $50.00–$99.99
    • Earn 8% in eBay Bucks for every qualifying item $100.00 or more

Promotion details
    The Promotion starts at 8:00AM PT on May 4, 2015, and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 5, 2015."

Does not begin until 8 AM PST. Make sure you click on "ACTIVATE" in the ebay message.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I just realized that I have had the box checked all along, but I have never, not once ever received a message about anything for this program.
    There has to be a set minimum spending to get this, right? I don't buy that much on there any more, actually never really have. Is this why derryb? tia

Might seem silly to ask, but can you get eBay bucks if all you do on an account is sell?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just realized that I have had the box checked all along, but I have never, not once ever received a message about anything for this program.
    There has to be a set minimum spending to get this, right? I don't buy that much on there any more, actually never really have. Is this why derryb? tia

Might seem silly to ask, but can you get eBay bucks if all you do on an account is sell? >>

Looks like I am getting them again this quarter. Never seems to be any rhyme or reason to eligibility but I'm sure they have some fancy algorithm to determine it. Some quarters I get every offer. Others I get nothing. Some people get them all the time. Some have never received them once. To me it makes an un-level playing field when it comes to coins or collectable bars. It doesn't seem right to me that if you don't have the offer and you are going up against someone that can leverage a higher bid because they know they will recover in ebay bucks later.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    To me it makes an un-level playing field when it comes to coins or collectable bars. It doesn't seem right to me that if you don't have the offer and you are going up against someone that can leverage a higher bid because they know they will recover in ebay bucks later

Agreed, but that's eBay. They have no competition and until they do, they can dictate.
    They are now charging sellers $1, even if you have a store, for listing 1 day auctions. Doesn't sound like much but it adds up if you do them. Just another way to get in a sellers pocket because I think they've realized they've about topped out on charging FVF's, so they have to come up with new ways.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To me it makes an un-level playing field when it comes to coins or collectable bars. It doesn't seem right to me that if you don't have the offer and you are going up against someone that can leverage a higher bid because they know they will recover in ebay bucks later

Agreed, but that's eBay. They have no competition and until they do, they can dictate.
    They are now charging sellers $1, even if you have a store, for listing 1 day auctions. Doesn't sound like much but it adds up if you do them. Just another way to get in a sellers pocket because I think they've realized they've about topped out on charging FVF's, so they have to come up with new ways. >>

I believe they want 1 and 3 day auctions to disappear without coming out and saying it. That is their way of leaning on sellers to change to longer durations.

Supposedly fraud is higher on short auctions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    between the 8%, 1% cash back from my shopping site, and the three 5% ebay gift cards I bought, I pulled a quarter ounce for under $1150.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I just realized that I have had the box checked all along, but I have never, not once ever received a message about anything for this program.

Might seem silly to ask, but can you get eBay bucks if all you do on an account is sell? >>

In addition to checking the box to receive promotions, make sure you have signed up to receive ebay bucks. I never receive them on my selling account and have noticed no pattern of spending limits on the buying account that does get the promo.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    once the ebay bucks goes live, I go to my ebay and put in offers on things I had previously saved in my watch list. And then sellers ignore them image
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 Coronas Austrian gold from Apmex on ebay are worth considering.

$1,224 discounted down to $1,095 (8% ebay bucks, 1 % Mr. Rebates and 1.5% Capital One). Net is $1,117 per ounce.
  • Options
    How'd everyone make out?

I was able to pick up many tubes of ASEs.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the 1/4 ounce which apmex hasn't shipped yet

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had over 2000 bucks in ebay purchases this quarter and no ebay bucks to speak of. It annoys me that parts and bullion among other things don't qualify.

Why should an air filter or specialized tool or a roll of ASE's not earn bucks but something else does?

I see no real justification for exempting anything .