Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New ebay fees - Effective May 1, 2015

Not sure if everyone noticed this, but starting on May 1st they are reducing the free insertion amount from 150 free listings per month to 40 free listings per month. This may not sound very significant, but I use every bit of those free listings. Gonna suck. I don't really want to buy an ebay store. Check out the differences below:

New fee schedule:

Old fee schedule:

Comments

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Hello Etsy!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hello Etsy! >>

Why more people don't sell their collectibles there amazes me.

Etsy offers the best platform and fees for sellers, by far.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    The new fee structure actually has some interesting positives for sellers. There is no longer a fee for 10-day auctions. We shall see if 10-day auctions become the norm but as a seller I think the longer the better in order to get more eyes on your item. The most interesting change is the little note under insertion fees "auction insertion fees will be credited back for nearly all items that sell." I have not researched this in-depth but from what I have read on other boards the belief is that as long as your item sells via auction you can have unlimited free listings.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad...... I just wish that they would offer more eBay bucks promotions. They get me to spend more $image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not bad...... I just wish that they would offer more eBay bucks promotions. They get me to spend more $image >>

Agreed, almost every time after the promotion ends I need to buy something image
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>Not bad...... I just wish that they would offer more eBay bucks promotions. They get me to spend more $image >>

I wish they didn't discontinue them for Canadian ebayers.
  • Options
    Does anybody know which durations are included in the 20 free fixed priced listings (if you don't have a subscription)? I can't find that info anywhere. I am really hoping 30 day, but that seems way too seller friendly for eBay.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    hows the volume, prices and market of vintage cards and boxes on etsy?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image