Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Baltimore....

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Prayers from the Great White North to our friends in Baltimore tonite.....
Not the right way to seek justice.....

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel badly for people in these areas - St Louis, Baltimore... Wonder if this will cause the National to be removed from there in the future.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking... I'm sick to my stomach.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a bunch of lunatics using a tragic event as an excuse to act like complete animals.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Protesting violence with violence. Makes a lot of sense. image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    "That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the U.S. to third-world dictatorships like China and others, plunged tens of millions of good, hard-working Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of an ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importances of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards. We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the U.S., and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic civil and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ballgame irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans."

Who said it? You won't be able to guess.
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭
    Look who said this.. "I don't want to go home," said Elias Kogo a 35-year-old former marathon runner originally from Kenya who'd been working as a fracking mechanic here for the last three years. "I came from a very poor family, and I want to give my kids a better life." Oil boom brought diversity to North Dakota
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, new Gov of Maryland Larry Hogan and new U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch all face a big test. I will say it is easy to criticize the actions of relatively few while obscuring the larger issues. The statements per the link in charrigan's post above were quite profound and ones I agree with.