Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help please. Package shows delivered but isn't there.

Hey all,

I need some help. I had a package sent to me through fedex that shows delivered (left by front door) that isn't there. My wife got home and she said nothing was there. I bought this item on ebay and it was over 285 before shipping and with shipping it came to over 300. The seller didn't send it with SC and there was nobody home today to take delivery. So one of two things happened fedex didn't deliver it or someone in the neighborhood walked off with it. I have never had this happen before and I already tried contacting fedex, which they said someone will call within the next 2 hours. If they can't help what would be my next step? Also do you think I will get a refund if it doesn't show up?

Thanks for any help, advice in advance.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this issue happen to me twice where a package from Fed Ex was supposedly delivered but was not. One time the driver came back the same day and delivered it to me and the other time I got the package several days later. Needless to say, I am leery about using Fed Ex for packages. Unfortunately, if it shows as delivered and is under $750, signature confirmation is not required. I hope the package turns up for you.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    If the item was purchased via eBay/PayPal isn't the threshold for signature requirement $250 not $750?

No signature showing it was delivered to you then you should win any claim for not delivered.

Give it a few days because FedEx may still magically show up with it.
  • bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    The threshold was changed to $750
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • effeeffe Posts: 190 ✭✭

<< <i>The threshold was changed to $750 >>

You sure???

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection-learn-more

Important Shipping Information

Depending on the type of claim or chargeback the buyer files, you will need to provide either Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery to get coverage.

If you're responding to an "item not received" claim or chargeback, you'll need to provide Proof of Delivery from a shipping company that meets the following conditions:

It shows the status as delivered.
    It confirms the date the order was delivered.
    It includes the recipient's address, including a minimum of the city & state, city & country or zip/postal code (or equivalent).
    For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, it includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link:
    Select any additional services you (fees may apply). If you're shipping with USPS and your transaction is $750 or more, signature confirmation is required.
    So it appears he can still file with Paypal then.
    And I do know that when you use Ebay to print shipping labels the default is to include signature confirmation on items sold for $250 or more.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signature confirmation requirements for delivery was raised to $750 from $250 about a year ago.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    I might look for the package around the house. I've had FedEx and USPS put packages beside the garage, throw them over the fence into our back and side yards, everywhere. This is one of the reasons why I now have most of my packages sent to my office.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    use Fed Ex at your own risk