Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

*3 Hours Left*Auction Nepal Earthquake Relief **1985 Fleer Wax Box BBCE! Roger Craig 49ers Auto Jers

The Issue - Kathmandu, Nepal and the near countryside was devastated by a severe 7.8 Earthquake today, April 25. Nepal is a 3rd world country whose government is not prepared to manage situations of this magnitude and the devastation and impact to life will be unlikely anything we can picture here. Help will be needed from NGOs and friendly countries to help the health of the country's citizens, and the recovery of the area. The most recent death toll I have seen is around 4500 with expectations of upto 10,000 who will have passed away.

The Auction - I picked a few items from my personal collection to auction. 100% of all proceeds will be donated at the auction close to a charity that has help on the ground and where the money can help the people of the country quickly. **I’ll keep this thread active until Friday night May 1st at 8 pm. Please post your bids or PM me and I'll update the first post. Please add $3 for shipping for a card or maybe $8 for a box and I'll get them out to you. Winners can either paypal me directly and I’ll send it on the charity and post evidence, or winners can donate directly and forward their receipt.

The Charity – Thank you all for your suggestions. After some research, I really like Save The Children with the money earmarked for the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund. SavetheChildren received a 4/4 on Charitynavigator.org, the most respected NGO evaluation site, including a 97/100 in Accountability/Transparency, and spends 91% of donations on expenses. This means that 91 cents of every dollar will directly go to help the Nepalese victims. This is a multi-month, and likely multi-year effort in many areas and anything we can provide to those less fortunate than us will go to help them. More information SavetheChildren’s efforts in Nepal here Text

Donations – First, I’d like to publicly thank Stone193, Miklia, Dragnet, Vintagefun, jfkheat, and canjond for their lot donations!

The lots in the auction are:

**Lot 1. 1968 Mickey Mantle SGC 30 - High Bid is $57 by Brick (min bid $20)**

**Lot 2. 1970 Tom Seaver PSA 8 - High Bid is $65 by dennis07 (min bid $20) **

**Lot 3. 1990 Michael Jordan PSA 10 - High Bid is $25 by Dragnet (min bid $10)

**Lot 4. 1972 Rookie Lot - John Riggins and Archie Manning both PSA 7 - High bid is $25 by ajezove (min bid $25)

**Lot 5. 1979 Topps Baseball Wax Tray - High Bid is $135 by Dragnet (min bid $60) (slight tear on the right, very clean overall) **

**Lot 6. 1984 Topps Baseball OPC Box - High Bid is $115 by Dragnet (min bid $40) (beautiful box)

**Lot 7. 4 1979/1980 Topps Basketball Packs purchased from bbce rips - High Bid is $40 by Dragnet - (min bid $25)

**Lot 8. One 1984 Topps Baseball Box - High Bid is $80 by Stone193 (min bid $40) Generously donated by Stone193**

**Lot 9. 1979 Panini Diego Maradona Rookie Card PSA 8 - High bid is $150 by Miklia (min bid $60) Generously donated by Miklia**

**Lot 10. Two 1978 Topps Football Graded Wax Packs, both PSA 8 - High bid is $55 by ajezove(min bid is $35) Generously donated by Dragnet**

**Lot 11. Weekend Ripper's Lot! including 1986 Topps Vending Box, 87 Fleer Update Set, 90 UD Final Edition Set, 87 Jumbo Pak, 90 Jumbo Pak, 1 pack each 89 Topps, Fleer, Bowman, Donruss, and UD. - High bid is $40 by RedRomad275. (Min Bid is $20) Generously donated by Vintagefun**

**Lot 12. Huge Expanded Yankees Autos Lot (20) ncluding 61 Topps Don Larsen, multiple Bobby Richardsons, and more. Note 1961 Maris included is stamped. (Min Bid is $90) Generously donated by canjond**

**Lot 13. 1986 Topps Football Unopened Cello Pack - High bid is $40 by Davis (Min Bid is $25)**

**Lot 14. 1974 Topps Football Wax Pack, purchased from BBCE group rip - High Bid is $75 by Dragnet
(Mid Bid is $50)**

**Lot 15. Roger Craig 49ers Mitchell & Ness Replica Collection Signed Jersey - High Bid is $100 by Shu4040
(Mid Bid is $80) Generously donated by VintageFun**

**Lot 16. 1985 Fleer Unopened Wax Box From BBCE! - High Bid is $120 by VintagemanEd -
(Mid Bid is $90) Generously donated by jfkheat**

Personally, I spent about 35 days in Nepal in 2010. The country was amazingly spiritual and filled with very hardworking, overly generous people. This is one of those situations where any help we can provide we go a much longer way over there than anything we can use it for over here. Here is a few pictures from my time there:

Comments

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    Excellent choice, Shu. $50 on lot 10.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good show Matt - I'm sure those who had concerns about "where" the money goes had nothing but good intentions.

Nearly 90% of all money goes to the mission - that's about as good as it gets. image
    Mike
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Lot # 8 1984 Topps Baseball box ---- $ 60

Thank you ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sonny

New Lots Added!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to bid $35 on the 86 football cello pack
    Thank you, James
  • Options
    All,
    Maybe I missed it but when does this auction close out? I would like to bid $40 on lot 11.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    $55 on lot 10
    Thanks
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    $40 on lot 13
    $50 on lot 14
  • Options
    Thanks for the bidding guys,

RedRomad275 the auction closes Friday at 8 pm.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Back to the top
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    I'll go $60 on Lot 14.
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    I will bid $65 on lot 14.

Matt
  • Options
  • Options
    bump, two days left! Great cause!

Anyone have any last minute items they want to contribute, i'll update the main post!
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    NEW LOT: Donated by myself and Roger Craig.

Mitchell & Ness Replica Collection Roger Craig Signed Jersey

Jersey retails for $150

Min Bid: $80 (if it doesn't go, I'll add it to the next charity auction)

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    That Craig jersey is awesome! Very generous.
  • Options
    I am currently out of town working so I don't have access to my stuff. I do have a shipment from BBCE that I am having delivered to me tomorrow. In this shipment there is a 1985 Fleer wax box that I will donate to the cause. Please add it to the list of items and I will upload a picture tomorrow evening.
    James

Edit to make sure everyone knows, this box is BBCE wrapped.
  • Options
    Thanks jfkheat and vintage fun for the awesome adds today!
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    I'll go $75 on Lot 14 (1974 Football Pack)
  • Options
    bump! good deals still available! 84 topps wax cheap! Yankees Autos! 85 Fleer baseball wax box cheap! Amazing Roger Craig Auto Jersey!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>bump! good deals still available! 84 topps wax cheap! Yankees Autos! 85 Fleer baseball wax box cheap! Amazing Roger Craig Auto Jersey! >>

I'll go $80 on the 84T Wax.
    Mike
  • Options
    I received the shipment from BBCE today. Here are pictures of the actual 1985 Fleer wax box that I am donating to the cause. I will take care of the shipping cost on this box.
    James

• Options
    Final Day, 10 hours left! Good deals still available for a good cause!
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    $120 on lot 16 (85 fleer box), thx
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Looks like the bids are in excess of $1,100.00. WTG guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    5 hours left bump! items in first post!
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Adding 10 more signed cards to the Yankees lot, for a total of 22 signed cards now. I'll also throw in a neat Joe DiMaggio used airline boarding pass from my collection.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    90 mins left! 20 (!!!) Yankees autos lot still available!
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if the closing time is EST or PST.

Is the auction still live?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it was 8 pm eastern time.
    James
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Thought so, but figured I would ask.

Thx James.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the participation!!! Our donations will go a long way over there for a group of people who are very much in need. I'll start sending out PMs with payment and shipping details later.
  • Options
    Thanks for putting this together

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    Hi all, We raised over $1200 as a board with winner's donations (some paid individually, some as a group), some extra from me, and some great items going to many board members.
    Going to a great cause to people very much in need, thank you all!
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Weekend Rippers Lot for RedRomad shipped yesterday

Roger Craig Auto Jersey for shu shipping today

Thanks to all who participated and big thanks to shu for running this.

Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.