Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984 OPC Baseball Rip

Hi All,

I don't post many pictures of rips, but throught I would share. I picked up a box of 1984 OPC baseball on Ebay for around $23 shipped. The box was listed as having been stored in a damp environment and to bid accordingly, so I set a snipe for a price I was willing to take a chance on. Fortunately, the vast majority of the box was not affected. There were two packs where all of the cards were stuck together, but most of the packs only resulted in the gum card being a goner.

Below are the best of the box. It yielded a lot of HOFers. Sadly, no Donnie Baseball sighting and fortunately, no sighting in the stack of damaged cards. All-in-all, a fun rip. I'm not sure if any of these are worth subbing. The Rickey is really nice, but has a print mark on his rear.

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    They all look nice so I (graded card junkie) would sub them all...
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Full disclosure - I'm a subbing virgin. I have a stack of cards that I think would grade well, but have never pulled the trigger. I really should just do it, since I have no way to verify whether or not I am assessing any of my raw cards accurately.
  • Options
    Seems that 1984 Opc is the bargain year. 1982 Opc doesn't have Ripken and it sells for double the 1984 wax