Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are there any MS68 graded Morgans in the small ANACS holders? Has there ever been?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
I honestly don't think I've ever seen an MS68 ANACS graded Morgan in a small white slab.

Has there ever been?

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sunnywood/Sirna (now AB) Moose was in an ANACS 68 holder but I don't know if it was the small one or not.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    I saw a very nicely toned 81-s in a small ANACS holder in April 2004 or 2005 that crossed to a PCGS MS 68.

edited to add: The coin crossed at a CSNS show in 2004 or 2005 and was sold as the dealer was walking the coin back from the PCGS table to the table we were sharing.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about small ANACS holders but you could look at the free publicly available ANACS pop report to see what they do have and the possible chances of finding one.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Unfortunately I can't find an image. One for sure was sold by Heritage in 1995.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file