Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Eh- never mind- think I'll keep this one a while.

Netherlands (Gelderland): "St. John" type gold gulden (florin) of Arnold van Egmond, ca. 1423-1472

Obverse: St. John the Baptist, standing and facing, "S.IOHANNES-BABTISTA" (lion).

Reverse: coats of arms, "+ DVX.ARNOLD'.GEL.Z.IVL.Z.COMIS.Z."

This coin has attractive, contrasting toning; exactly the sort of look I prefer on circulated gold.

Now in a new PCGS XF Details (code 82- "filed rims") holder, cert. #32089335. Shipped 4/24/15.

Because of the no-grade, I've decided not to keep it for my Box of 20 collection, but it's undeniably still a very appealing and desirable coin.

Asking $745.00 (my actual cost of $738.01 plus a little bit to ship it.)

If that doesn't work for you and I get no takers, I will consider swaps for a single coin (world or US) of equal value, or an equal value bullion trade.

I semi-expect somebody is going to like this one, though. I certainly did. (Too bad I'm so picky about the "details" grade, but selling this would add to my war chest for the CNG auction.)

Compare the strike, grade, and price on mine to this one here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Netherlands (Gelderland): "St. John" type gold gulden (florin) of Arnold van Egmond, ca. 1423-1472

Obverse: St. John the Baptist, standing and facing, "S.IOHANNES-BABTISTA" (lion).

Reverse: coats of arms, "+ DVX.ARNOLD'.GEL.Z.IVL.Z.COMIS.Z."

This coin has attractive, contrasting toning; exactly the sort of look I prefer on circulated gold.

Now in a new PCGS XF Details (code 82- "filed rims") holder, cert. #32089335. Shipped 4/24/15.

Because of the no-grade, I've decided not to keep it for my Box of 20 collection, but it's undeniably still a very appealing and desirable coin.

Asking $745.00 (my actual cost of $738.01 plus a little bit to ship it.)

If that doesn't work for you and I get no takers, I will consider swaps for a single coin (world or US) of equal value, or an equal value bullion trade.

I semi-expect somebody is going to like this one, though. I certainly did. (Too bad I'm so picky about the "details" grade, but selling this would add to my war chest for the CNG auction.)

Compare the strike, grade, and price on mine to this one here. >>

Lordy that is a stunner!

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Y'know, maybe I should try my luck at NGC on this one. If I could get it into a straight grade holder, I'd love to keep it.

Yes, I know how insane it is to be weighing one's "keep versus sell" decisions based solely on a slab label, when one otherwise loves a coin.

Silly, but that's how the game is sometimes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.