Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Value Opinion on 1984 Topps FB "FASC" BBCE Boxes

As some of you know, I purchased a couple of cases of 1984 Topps Football wax boxes recently.

One wax box was opened, and had 19 boxes left in it. I sent them all in to BBCE and have sold 16 of those (3 left to sell).

The other case is completely sealed. I'm wrestling with the option of selling sealed or sending it to BBCE to have them all wrapped as "FASC".

Can any of the experts comment on what they feel a fair price is for the BBCE "FASC" boxes?

Thanks in advance!

-Ken

Comments

• belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Depends on how quickly you need to sell..I would keep it sealed and sell it that way. Your minty fresh ones haven't even sold out and those were beauties. I just think you need to wait out the lull a bit or sell a bit less than you would think. I would say 15-20% more for a FASC.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A few months back, I bought (2) 1984 FB boxes FASC directly from Steve at BBCE for $750 each dlvd.

I have yet to even open the outer shipping box image >>

How do you know if he remembered to write FASC on the sticker, then?? LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • KurtisJosephKurtisJoseph Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    I'd say they are worth $1,000 each. Since you sold almost all from the first case, I'd sit on the other case for a long time. I agree with your advertisement on ebay. . . Very hard to find.
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    If don't know your situation. If you are a collector and you don't need the money now, I agree with the idea of leaving the case sealed. If you are looking for a long term investment I would do that. There are a lot of boxes marked FASC, there are much fewer actual sealed cases. If you are a dealer and looking to flip and move to the next purchase and sale, then I would have Steve label them FASC and blow that case out.

I am an unopened collector and this would be in my wheelhouse. Personally, I would have a hard time paying over $850 on an item like this. But I am pretty conservative usually with my buy prices. I would say you can ask for $1000, but I would think they would sell slowly at $900 and very briskly at $800-850. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Steve
  • kencopekencope Posts: 416 ✭✭
    Thanks for all of your input. Really appreciate the advice, comments, and opinions. I'm relatively new to the sealed wax part of the hobby, so your insight is greatly appreciated! -Ken
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with Steve. You might sell a couple at $1000 but I think $900 is top dollar. Are you sure the case has clean non Xed out boxes? I realize it is a factory sealed case but it could have Xed out boxes. That would effect the price. How you sold them would also make a difference in the price. If you listed them all at the same time I don't think you would get as much as if you sold one every couple weeks.
    James
    Hi James,

I think my only way of being 100% sure there are no "x-out" boxes included would be to open the case, which would obviously crush the value of the sealed case.

That said, the case is from the exact same distributor that the other case was, which were all non x-out boxes. I'm pretty comfortable that these were all original shipment to this distributor.
  • bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    I think real FASC of 1984 Topps non-X outs are $900-1,000 boxes. I know I would pay more for that, usually 10-20% premium over what I call the "Frankenstein" boxes (could have been "put together").

There aren't THAT many FASC marked boxes of these out there and they certainly aren't available every day. You moved out a good bunch of non-X at $800 per, that's nothing to scoff at. I know in the meantime there were a handful of others that sold in different venues above your price (and a couple of those were X boxes).

I personally would leave the case sealed for now, but if you decide you're going to bust it open let me know! image
    You're welcome to take the last three I have from the first case...........I won't even jack up the price on youimage
    Appreciate the opinion. I guess I'm just torn about the long-term premium that a sealed case would have over 20 "FASC" boxes. You're certainly right about a limited buyer pool for a $20K+ case, but there's certainly buyers out there. I guess it just depends on how long I would want to wait for the right person.
  • Steve at Bbce has a 86' Topps Football Wax Case for $19,500! They're Non X-Out boxes. These boxes have really skyrocketed over the past few years! He had a case of 84' Fb a while back & they weren't $975 a piece more!
    Thanks for the comment. I was confused on what you were saying in the last sentence. Can you clarify for me? Thanks!
  • Steve sold some 84's Fasc for like $750 or $800....I forgot which one exactly but now these boxes ARE going for almost a thousand dollars (84' Non X-Out Fasc) with his current price.
    Ahh, understood now, thanks. Yes, the market price has certainly increased as of late, and I've seen several FASC non-X go for $1100 or more. For now, I think I'll be keeping mine in the originally factory-sealed case. Thanks again for posting!