Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTS - 1oz AGE for 1,000....NOT!

I've been seeing this add on craigslist for two weeks. I finally bit and sent them an email. The guy called me back and provided his website and offered discounts before I said anything. How can you sell 1oz AGE for 1000.00?

Tell me what you think. I couldn't pull the trigger. I'm to Leary about if "its to good to be true then...."

On YELP they have apicture of the office but it looks like a warehouse next to an autobody shop?

http://mybullionsource.com/
Transactions..
wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

Comments

• Options
    jay1187jay1187 Posts: 147 ✭✭
    I think best to stay away from that site no silver in stock and gold coins are spot plus 40-75 $ I don't think so .just my 2cents worth
    KEEP ON TRUCKIN
  • Options
    CoinfolioCoinfolio Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Taken from the website faqs:

When will my order be shipped?

Once funds are received your order will be shipped in 7 days – 120 months.

That is just one red flag, if you read the rest of the terms and conditions they are not favorable to the buyer.

• Options

The company seems to be filed as a corporation In Florida. Here's the link to the Secretary of State listing:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/OfficerRegisteredAgentName/Anderson Sarah N/Page1

It looks like the same person also owns and operates Free Gift Card 500 Inc., so he apparently does some form of marketing and likely knows little to nothing about precious metals.

I'd steer clear of this one. All sorts of things can go wrong when purchasing precious metals, so you really need a reliable seller. This does not look like one to me.
  • Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Right I agree. This (1oz AGE) buy is to rich for my blood to get ripeed off for.

He sound like he new the market but when I received the website address and took a gander. I couldn't believe it. Not even half way done with little to know info.

Would not even consider these guys. Well that is unless others from craigslist buy into it and post on yelp or other sites there are reputable.
    Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Who would wait up to 10 years for delivery and if you cancel your order within 24 hours there is a 10% charge. I now see where they make their money. RUN RUN RUNimage
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    It reminds me of a thread on the PM Forum but the company had a different name. The owner even signed up to the forum to explain his business model.

The below paragraph in the website's terms and condition should be enough to avoid doing business with them.

"In most cases My Bullion Source does not physically have possession of items advertised. My Bullion Source retains the right to drop ship from both public and private suppliers. "

edited to add:
    I found the thread I was mentioning. The website layouts are too similar, imo.

PMX Refinery
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run !!! :-(
    Timbuk3