Home Precious Metals

Best Precious Metals & Stock Market Newsletter/Subscriptions

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
I've been in mostly PMs for 10 years and slowly getting into the stock market over the last 3-4 years. I was wondering what publications, newsletters, market reports you guys use or subscribe to and would recommend.

Thanks for your time,

Tim
Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Comments

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Tim:
    One I have subscribed to for decades is Bob Brinker's Market Timer Newsletter.
    Despite the title, he rarely makes moves into or out of the market very often. He runs a steady course and at times the newsletter can get boring in that there are no new recommendations other than stay the course and he certainly does not trade in and out very much.
    His track record is very good however in both up and down markets. He offers a variety of portfolio recommendations based on your goals and risk tolerance.
    If you Google him and go to his website there is an area where you can request a free back copy of the monthly newsletter to see what it is like.
    He also does a weekly radio call in show every Sunday and has done that since 1986. You can find what stations carry it in your area on his website and that way you can also get a feel for him and his recommendations.
    His steady hand of reason and analysis has done me very well over the decades I have been a subscriber.
    At $185/year for the newsletter I have recouped that cost thousands and thousands of times over by following his advise.
    My 2 cents, I am sure others have many recommendations.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At $185/year for the newsletter I have recouped that cost thousands and thousands of times over by following his advise.

Nothing I can say could come close to that.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a few and was able to piggy back on someone else's subscription to see a few more. After several years I came to the conclusion that the vast majority of them are not worth the money....or any money for that matter. They'll confuse more than anything else. For the past 13 years, I've read dozens of the public analysts posting on the popular PM web sites. And in the end, none of them have much better than a 50-50 track record...the best maybe being 60-40. I read them for entertainment and sentiment but not much else.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've tried a few and was able to piggy back on someone else's subscription to see a few more. After several years I came to the conclusion that the vast majority of them are not worth the money....or any money for that matter. They'll confuse more than anything else. For the past 13 years, I've read dozens of the public analysts posting on the popular PM web sites. And in the end, none of them have much better than a 50-50 track record...the best maybe being 60-40. I read them for entertainment and sentiment but not much else. >>

This in spades.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've tried a few and was able to piggy back on someone else's subscription to see a few more. After several years I came to the conclusion that the vast majority of them are not worth the money....or any money for that matter. They'll confuse more than anything else. For the past 13 years, I've read dozens of the public analysts posting on the popular PM web sites. And in the end, none of them have much better than a 50-50 track record...the best maybe being 60-40. I read them for entertainment and sentiment but not much else. >>

This in spades.

Mark >>

Yup, there are better ideas here than in most subscriptions and best of all it's free.
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses so far guys. I'm trying to learn more about the stock market by reading books, blogs and web articles but it all seems like they are being pushed by their own agenda. I am finding it hard to find a non bias opinion on stocks and commodities. I've flown with a few guys who have some PM newsletters, but, they always seem to be out of date and looking back, they were almost all wrong.
    Honestly, I have learned more from you guys on this website than any other place, so, thank you!

Still holding my DUST until next week and then hoping to switch up to GDX/SLV and physical PMs for the foreseeable future.

Have a great weekend ya'll!!!!

Zubie
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123