Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWP! Caracalla

I typically have stayed away from the Severians, and I am not sure why. I bought some Severan issues early on in my first toe-dipping into the ancient waters back in around 2005 (fun divorce times, needed to do something) but then pulled away and never returned. I like the various Julias too. So, when I saw this AE27 pop up and the auction was struggling to break $10, I thought, hmm, "Bronzemat will be proud," "That's a sweet eagle," "Groceries? Who needs those?" So I snuck in and bought it. It came from Germany so I bought it at the beginning of the month and it just arrived. I wish the obverse was better (and it is actually better than the picture, but with these half dollar sized bronzes I really struggle with photography even in natural light and all of the lessons learned recently applied) or more comparable to the reverse with the legends, but for the money, I was happy to add another big bronze and give a little kick start back to the Severan dynasty.

New purchases are going quiet for me for awhile with Fi's bday coming up and a large purchase I am working on. So I am spending more time working on my lowly old cheap bronzes. So any posts will be a collection of "please help me figure this out" kind of deals.

Comments