Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 OPC Lemieux PSA 10 sells for over 9k

1985 OPC Lemieux PSA 10 rookie sells for $9199.00 this past weekend on Ebay. WOW! not so bad for a card I past on 6 years ago for $1500..

Comments

• Options
    Hockey 1970's/80's key PSA 10 rookies are starting to climb rapidly just like their predecessors in baseball (many $10k-$25k PSA RC's now), then football (Rice $12k, Montana $15k etc), then basketball (have you seen the % climbs in Barkley, Malone, Olajuwon etc in last six months to a year?).

While hockey is not as popular as baseball, football etc - Lemieux's low pop (only 31 10's) and iconic status made me feel it was only a matter of time before it got to $10k. Hockey still feels under-valued to me especially when compared to other sports at this point in the market even with the smaller collector pool. Time will tell...
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    It as also interesting that the 2 PSA 9's sold by PWCC last night went for just under $500. I think that's a bit lower than most other sales. So the 10 shot up, the 9s came down a bit.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we can use the word "sold" loosely in this case.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I've noticed this as well. Been scratching many cards off my want list.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I think we can use the word "sold" loosely in this case. >>

purportedly. say it a few times over. like mantra. it soothes the nerves just a bit.

there, there.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard t believe most sales from the consignors and auction houses, especially when you see a buy it now priced 25% lower than one that just sold.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!