Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Hernandez

wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
Pretty happy to see this ex-New England Patriot get what he deserved through the judicial system......image
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    His being a Patriot had nothing to do with his behavior.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched some of the coverage of the reading of the verdict today on ESPN and other sports TV venues. It was interesting to see the TV show anchors and guests talk about the case [with very little mention of Hernandez being a professional athlete] and asking questions about the case, peoples reactions to it and "how do you FEEL right now?"; and "How do you think __________ is FEELING right now?"

A departure from the normal daily fare offered up by Sports TV. Reminds me a little bit of the Sports TV coverage immediately after 9-11-2001. Very odd to see Sports TV and its anchors and reporters covering the 9-11-2001 terrorists attacks. Part of the coverage included stories and reports about how the sporting world on all levels was reacting and should react to the attacks; another part of the coverage included stories and reports about the attacks themselves and that aftermath of same in general without reference to sports.

Interesting also that the Hernandez legal defense team did not put on much of a defense case and instead took the position that even though there is no doubt that Hernandez was present when Odin was killed, the prosecution did not actually prove that Hernandez killed Odin. The jury concluded otherwise. Another interesting thing is that Hernandez was to be sentenced by the court today, only a short time after the guilty verdict was delivered by the jury [instead of having a sentencing hearing set months down the road with further legal back and forth in the interim]. I understand that in this particular case the law requires a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parol. Thus why wait to sentence Hernandez. Just get it done and over with.

I wonder when (if not already) a civil suit for wrongful death is filed by Odin's relatives against Hernandez?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was guilty as sin. Surprised it even took as long as it did to reach a verdict.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I passed him on the highway . I was heading down 495 towards the cape and saw a phalanx of staties with lights on headed towards walpole. image

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor fella ..... seemed like a nice enough guy. Just kidding. HOORAY!

Enjoy prison food for the next 30-50 years, bro. You deserve it, Aaron. You may also want to join a nice book-of-the-month club.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    doesn't come across as much of a literary kind of guy. ha
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Twist here in iowa. Bryan ferentz coached him at New England iowa asst coach now. His brother is on the iowa staff.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's interesting to me that the NFL is paying out billions of dollars in head syndrome money to former NFL players.
    Many NFL players have either committed suicide or have killed others because of their so called head trauma. They have done studies on dead players only and
    have all found deformities in their brains.

I wonder if Aaron is suffering from this also, because many of these players are. If you think he's too young, Javon Belcher was only 25 when he killed his girlfriend first, and
    then himself at the Kansas City Chiefs training site.

Javon Belcher kills girlfriend and then himself. >>

Nah I don't think it has anything to do with the NFL it's about human nature, anytime you group over a thousand people together your going to have a few that are just plain and simple bad people, enough of excuses already for bad behavior in today's society.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Aaron is suffering from this also, because many of these players are. If you think he's too young, Javon Belcher was only 25 when he killed his girlfriend first, and ...

Or maybe he's just a heartless idiot thug, who felt he was above the law? I expect the latter ...

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.