Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: 1991, 1992, 1993 Donruss Elites

I am looking to purchase the following 1991, 1992 and 1993 Donruss Elites in PSA 10 only:

PSA 10 1991 Donruss Elite Matt Williams #8
PSA 10 1991 Donruss Elite Ryne Sandberg [w/ BOLD Auto]

PSA 10 1992 Donruss Elite Terry Pendleton #16

PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Andy Van Slyke #32
PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Will Clark [w/ BOLD Auto]

PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Supers Ryne Sandberg #2
PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Supers Don Mattingly #6
PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Supers Andy Van Slyke #14

PSA 10 1993 Donruss Elite Dominators Juan Gonzalez #11

Please email me at: nhra2000@aol.com. I will pay VERY fair! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    1991 is going to be tough. Matt Williams is a Pop 1 for PSA 10 and the highest grade for Ryne Sandberg is a PSA 8.

Best of luck with the search! I'll keep my eyes open for you.
  • Options

<< <i>1991 is going to be tough. Matt Williams is a Pop 1 for PSA 10 and the highest grade for Ryne Sandberg is a PSA 8.

Best of luck with the search! I'll keep my eyes open for you. >>

Thank you for that. A Matt Williams was just graded and sold on eBay in PSA 10. I missed it. The card is worthless unless you are doing the set IMO. Whoever bought it doesn't have the POP 2 Drabek. I have one and a good friend has the other. So he is in the exact opposite boat that I am. And Sandberg's POP report is at the bottom under the PSA/DNA certified items. I am not sure why they put it there. I have one of the two PSA 9's. In addition to that there is one 7, one 8 and one PSA 10. Notwithstanding, it appears to be an insurmountable obstacle to complete all (5) sets in PSA 10, but I thought that when I purchased the first card and here I am now nearing the end. I have two things going for me though. Time and money.
  • Options

<< <i>

Thank you for that. A Matt Williams was just graded and sold on eBay in PSA 10. I missed it. The card is worthless unless you are doing the set IMO. Whoever bought it doesn't have the POP 2 Drabek. I have one and a good friend has the other. So he is in the exact opposite boat that I am. And Sandberg's POP report is at the bottom under the PSA/DNA certified items. I am not sure why they put it there. I have one of the two PSA 9's. In addition to that there is one 7, one 8 and one PSA 10. Notwithstanding, it appears to be an insurmountable obstacle to complete all (5) sets in PSA 10, but I thought that when I purchased the first card and here I am now nearing the end. I have two things going for me though. Time and money. >>

I think if the item is listed under PSA/DNA and has a grade associated with it....it is just the autograph that is graded and not the card. So the Sandberg that is PSA/DNA graded 10 could be a PSA 7 quality card with a PSA/DNA 10 auto. At least I think that is how the population report goes. I guess it could be a "red flip" where both the auto AND the card are a PSA 10...I just don't have enough experience with PSA to know how that would be report on their pop report.

I must admit...after reading this thread it got me thinking about putting together a nice, raw donruss elite set for the various years. haha.

-Andy
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though the print runs were relatively high compared to today, I think they are in the 3000-5000 range, I never pulled one in the many boxes of Donruss baseball I ripped. This is a sneaky tuff set.

In the mid-late 1990's when the serial #'d insert craze died in favor of jersey/auto card, they were on sale at 10%-20% book. I remember some of the less popular players in dollar boxes.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

I think if the item is listed under PSA/DNA and has a grade associated with it....it is just the autograph that is graded and not the card.

-Andy >>

Hi Andy,

That is incorrect. Here are two cards from my PSA 10 sets that are listed under the PSA/DNA section of the Donruss Elite POP for their particular year. They are PSA/DNA certified on the auto BUT the grade is the actual card grade, not an auto grade:

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think if the item is listed under PSA/DNA and has a grade associated with it....it is just the autograph that is graded and not the card.

-Andy >>

Hi Andy,

That is incorrect. Here are two cards from my PSA 10 sets that are listed under the PSA/DNA section of the Donruss Elite POP for their particular year. They are PSA/DNA certified on the auto BUT the grade is the actual card grade, not an auto grade:

[ >>

I stand corrected! Thank you for pointing that out. Man, those are some sharp looking cards!

• Options
    Friday Bump!
  • Options
    RynoandBoRynoandBo Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I have contemplated many times starting this set in all PSA 10. Maybe one day.

This is my baby. I put it as one of Sandberg's top 5 cards to own in Top Grade:

• Options
    Awesome card! Keith at PSA.GEMS offered me your card for $1,800 (he 10'd that card himself) and I passed on it for my set. I offered $1,500 and he listed it on eBay and then ended the auction early and sold it to you. I want that card but as soon as another one or two 10, it'll come down IMO.
  • Options
    Monday morning BUMP!