Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

BIG box of fossil shark teeth- maybe swap for coins? *** ON HOLD ***

Being near the local find source for these, I've accumulated a lot of fossil teeth found by my buddies and I (mostly the former).

I only have the vaguest notion of what some of them are- I can ID maybe six or eight types. The rest, I haven't a clue. So the trouble is, I really don't know what I have here. Could be good. Could be fairly mundane.

But these are all multimillion-year-old fossils. And this is a big box of 'em- 10.5" long, 7" wide, and about 1.5" deep. It weighs several pounds.

I do know a lot of the bigger teeth you see in this picture are Isurus hastalis- extinct giant Mako shark. I've seen similar sized pieces priced as high as $30-something (retail) on some fossil websites.

And this is NOT everything. There are also a lot of larger fragments of the monster Carcharocles megalodon teeth that wouldn't fit in the box. (I've separately sold off just about all of the intact megalodons, though the tooth in the lower right hand compartment seen here is a small Meg.)

I just thought I'd hang this out there as a trial balloon, to see if there's anybody who A) knows enough about this stuff to estimate its value and B) wouldn't mind trading me one or two nice coins for the whole lot.

I just don't have the time or inclination to ID everything in here and sell it individually.

(Sorry for the quality of the cellphone photo. Like I said, this is NOT all of it- just the main box.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments