Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Worth Submitting PSA 8 1971's to try for 8.5's?

I have a 1971 Topps baseball set graded with all cards 8 or above. All the 8's were collected before PSA changed their grading scale to include half grades. I was looking for guidance on if it's worth resubmitting some of the 8's to shoot for a higher grade. Also, if it is worthwhile, what should I look for to determine if a card has a reasonable chance for the higher grade? Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 1971 Topps baseball set graded with all cards 8 or above. All the 8's were collected before PSA changed their grading scale to include half grades. I was looking for guidance on if it's worth resubmitting some of the 8's to shoot for a higher grade. Also, if it is worthwhile, what should I look for to determine if a card has a reasonable chance for the higher grade? Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide. >>

For most of the stars and any of the tougher cards in high grade it's probably worthwhile, a bump or two can 'pay' for a submission pretty quickly. Centering, centering, centering is the recipe for half point bumpage.