Home Sports Talk
Options

2015 Masters

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
No contest this year since some of last year's participants won an all-inclusive trip to bamland. Instead, a mere thread. This may go over like a lead balloon, but surely there will be some semblance of a gravitational pull with Mr. Woods' return, no?

If Tiger doesn't make the cut (low 50 scores plus ties, plus any golfer within 10 shots of the lead), his issues will be much more sizable than I ever imagined. But he will. If he actually contends, that would be a dream scenario. But I don't expect that to happen. My gut says he's going to play well, however. I'll make a fairly bold prediction and say T15.

Other picks:

Donning the green jacket on Sunday - Dustin Johnson

Don't take a nap on - Keegan Bradley

Most likely to shoot 90 either today or tomorrow - Ben Crenshaw

Comments

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    I got Rickie Fowler at 28-1 to win. Also got him at 33-1 to be the Day 1 leader.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiger - WD

Donning the green jacket on Sunday - Jordan Spieth

Don't take a nap on - Patrick Reed

Most likely to shoot 90 either today or tomorrow - Ben Crenshaw
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

<< <i>I got Rickie Fowler at 28-1 to win. Also got him at 33-1 to be the Day 1 leader. >>

If either of those come to fruition, it'll be money well earned. He played very poorly over the weekend at the Shell.

And for the record, I like the guy. I hope he shoots 65 today and pays you off.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I have no problem with Tiger, and would love to see him in contention on Sunday- as would CBS (heh)

I live about 10 minutes from Chambers Bay, so I'm hoping he plays well this weekend (if not a strong contender/winner) and it somehow propels him to a dominating performance at Chambers.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is always impressive: At age 65, Tom Watson shoots -1 for the first round.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My exacta-Bubba/Spieth. Jordan has a bit of a bridesmaid connotation following him. I've felt Tiger does not make the cut, but if he did win it all the flodgates of coverage would be wide open. Fore!
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that part of it was fast. Crenshaw shot 91 today.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the course too easy for a major? A lot of under par scores today.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the course too easy for a major? A lot of under par scores today. >>

I'm thinking they will make the greens harder to hold for the next few days
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    no reason to watch...Speith built for the course or the course lays perfect for him. Either way should coast the rest of the way.....

like 85% of viewers, will watch to see tiger make the cut and hopefully i will include golf into our weekend
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Stayed up late and watched ESPN's coverage last night. I figured Spieth to be too obvious of a pick, but I guess he wasn't obvious enough. Kid is intrepid. No chinks in his armor. He may be 21, but he has the golf mind of a 20-year vet.

A word of caution, however: only one wire-to-wire Masters winner in the past 30 years. So I tend to disagree with my esteemed poster up above. Even If JS does pull it off, won't you be kicking yourself if you don't watch?

Maybe it's all in the name...

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>no reason to watch...Speith built for the course or the course lays perfect for him. Either way should coast the rest of the way.....
    >>

Even if the course was "perfect for him", he still has to make the shots. Different types of players win there...Tiger, Zach Johnson, Bubba.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so Tiger doesn't win. I can't stand him and I don't want him breaking Jack's record for slam wins.

Jack had class......Tiger is a classless womanizer!!
  • Options
    well so far speith is making the shots
  • Options
    what a day..that kid making the shots and the big 3 (or 5) right on his heals
  • Options
    A 21 yo goes wire to wire. Him and rory 1 and 2 in the world now...announcers trying to say he's the next tiger....ummmm..no comment...

And no tiger, I'm a fan, but you did not pop your thumb back into it's socket.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Was glad to see Tiger have a solid day two and three. My fantasy golf team was ok. I did have JS, Dustin Johnson, Stenson and Patrick Reed. No too bad for a weekly team.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Was glad to see Tiger have a solid day two and three. My fantasy golf team was ok. I did have JS, Dustin Johnson, Stenson and Patrick Reed. No too bad for a weekly team. >>

Fantasy golf? Are you serious?