Home Sports Talk
Options

2015 Bold Baseball Predictions!

JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
Last year I predicted the Red Sox would lose 90 games, but unfortunately no one believed me after the fact!

So this year I want to track my (and your) predictions on the year, and after the season we will go through and make fun image

This is your chance to get credit for all the ridiculous predictions made on the year!

My predictions:
    Red Sox beat the Nationals in the World Series 4-1The Cubs lose in dramatic fashion in the NLCS to the NatsTanaka gets Tommy John surgery before the All-Star breakJorge Soler wins NL ROYMookie Betts ends the season top 5 in MVP votesAlex Rodriguez has a better season than David OrtizThe Marlins have a better record than the MetsThe Braves will have a worse record than the PhilliesThe Padres end the season under .500
If anyone has some predictions to share feel free!
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    No predictions, but I have hopes for my Mariners.

Why is everyone so high on the Red Sox?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    How can you not be high on the Red Sox when they have to send a player like Castillo down to triple A because they do not have a spot for him in the lineup.
  • Options
    From an outsider's perspective, it seems there's plenty of punch in the lineup, but not a whole lot on the mound. Am I mistaken?
  • Options

<< <i>From an outsider's perspective, it seems there's plenty of punch in the lineup, but not a whole lot on the mound. Am I mistaken? >>

You're not, but their rotation is made up of plenty of talented pitchers who just haven't been pitching at their potential; Clay Buchholz, Rick Porcello, Justin Masterson and Wade Miley is the "who's who" list of careers that never turned out how everyone hoped. I think the talent and potential is there, but something new needs to click.

I'm high on the Red Sox because their offense doesn't need an ace, they need 3-4 pitchers who can keep their team in the game. I see a lot of 8-5 or 6-5 victories in their future.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Again, I'm a West Coaster, so I get AL East (and NFC/AFC East) shoved down my throat out here, but how does the AL East as a whole look? NYY are an afterthought, BAL lost Cruz, TOR seems to always under-achieve, TB lost Maddon, and BOS appears to be the favorite?
  • Options

<< <i>Again, I'm a West Coaster, so I get AL East (and NFC/AFC East) shoved down my throat out here, but how does the AL East as a whole look? NYY are an afterthought, BAL lost Cruz, TOR seems to always under-achieve, TB lost Maddon, and BOS appears to be the favorite? >>

Basically.

Every team but Boston is a mess this year.

The Yankees have been falling apart since their dynasty years and the team has been too short-sighted to implement long-term solutions. With that said, Girardi will still figure out a way to have a winning record.

The Orioles have some great pieces, but the team plays with an old-school slugger style that no longer works without Cruz.

The Blue Jays have a legit shot. Their offense seems stacked with Bautista, Encarnacion, Josh Donaldson and Jose Reyes. They have some great young pitchers (too bad they lost Stroman) with Daniel Norris and Aaron Sanchez. If their pitching can keep up with the rest of the league, the Blue Jays have a shot.

The Rays could be good. They have the best rotation in the division and a few talented young players. I'd love to see Steve Souza kill it.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    The Cubs will finish 4th or lower in the NL Central...

Johnny Cueto will pitch in the All Star game in Cincy in a Reds uniform and then will be traded a week later...

Houston will finish in 3rd in AL West...

The Nats will win over 100 games this year (mainly due to the Phils and Braves being in their division), but will lose prior to the WS again...

Pirates over Mariners in WS...4 games to 2
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indians won't be eliminated from the playoffs until mid June.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    This is your chance to get credit for all the ridiculous predictions made on the year!

ok. Kershaw will defeat St. Louis in the playoffs.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is your chance to get credit for all the ridiculous predictions made on the year!

ok. Kershaw will defeat St. Louis in the playoffs. >>

Ok, now that is just crazy talk........mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I care about a 2 things in Baseball....

The Red Sox Winning and the Yankees losing image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mets win the East with a 98-64 record!! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    The Red Sox will win 102 games this year
    Mookie Betts and Rustney castillo will each hit 20 home runs and Hanley Ramirez will hit 30 to 40..
    Dustin Pedroiawill win MVP with Trout a close 2nd.
    Red Sox will win the wprld series.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Astros shock everyone and win the World Series!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts