Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

On bended knees

To my fellow collectors,

I am on bended knees begging for your help. I have suffered long enough and I truly need your continued support. I am down to 21 cards that I need to complete my 1974 Topps Baseball Set in PSA 8NQ or Higher. I have exhausted all local (and many national) resources to locate MINT "raw" examples of the cards I still need to complete my set. And for some reason I am not having too much luck. Therefore. I ask, next time you are at a card show or at a local dealers shop, please carry my list with you. Maybe you will have better luck then I. What is really bizarre is 90% of the cards I still need have a POP of 3 (PSA 8's) or higher.

Again, any help would be greatly, deeply appreciated... Carlos

Here's the list:
8 GEORGE THEODORE
69 DEL UNSER
99 DEL CRANDALL (MANAGER)
102 BILL GREIF
111 CLAY CARROLL
115 WILLIE HORTON
126 CHECKLIST (1-132)
174 BILL ROBINSON
218 JOHNNY BRIGGS
221 CHUCK TANNER (MANAGER)
229 FRITZ PETERSON
230 TONY PEREZ
248 TOM HALL
263 CHECKLIST (133-264)
277 GARY NOLAN
319 RANDY HUNDLEY
347 SANDY ALOMAR
353 RICH COGGINS
364 CLARENCE GASTON
366 LARRY HISLE
597 ROOKIE SHORTSTOPS (MANNY TRILLO)

Comments

• Options
    I will keep my eye out.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Carlos -- I know that feeling. Just remain patient.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    David,

This set is Killing meimage

Kurt...THANKS
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Carlos,

Try Gaspipe26. I memory serves me correctly, he has a bunch of raw 74's in NM or better condition. Maybe he can find some of the ones that you need. You just have to catch him in between horse races.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Carlos,
    I have a few of the ones you need to upgrade going in the next shipment to PSA late this week or early next. I believe it was 7 or 8 of them that should get an 8 or 9.

Frank,
    My best horse Chocolate Square ran second last night at Harrington, She just fell short with a closing drive. She lost to a 3-5 favorite, we'll get her next time. Second is still a good payday for me though.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Bob,

And with all the horse money you're making you're still accepting money from people for cards??? I figure that you'll be lighting cigars with well centered 69 Mike Shannons pretty soon.

Thats great to hear about Chocolate Square. Its pretty cool the different things that people are into on this board.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Frank,
    I'm really having a good time with the horses. I have 1 win and 2 seconds in 3 races. I have 2 more going Sunday. If I keep doing well I might stop sending cards for grading.

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Bob,

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Carlos