Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1993-1995 Finest Baseball Refractor Set Run Complete

With the addition of 1994 Finest Refractor #365 Luis Polonia I finished off the 440 card set. This set is the largest set of Topps Finest ever. It was a beast and took 8+ years from start to finish. Started with Hector Carrasco back in 2007.

Overall now have completed 1993, 1994 and 1995 covering the first three years of refractors.

1994 Finest Refractors Baseball
Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Congratulations. I’ve got a few 93 Finest refractors.
    Phil
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Phil - seems like the star prices have been increasing for the 93's while the commons and semi-stars have softened considerably.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Congrats
    Amazing accomplishment
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    what an amazing feat.

well done
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Incredible collecting feat!

Have you kept track of how much you put into this project? I have always thought how much fun it would be to take it on!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>Incredible collecting feat!

Have you kept track of how much you put into this project? I have always thought how much fun it would be to take it on! >>

I try not to think about!

Especially with the 94's and 95's, at least 85% were self submitted, so that's at least 4k right there.

In the last few years a couple of other folks have embarked on putting these PSA sets together and provided some trading partners. Being able to trade with others really makes it much easier (and considerably less expensive). In any case I have paved the way and have numerous graded extras if anyone is looking to get started.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I keep track of how much I have spent on the 93 Finest refractors. So far to date it is $74,227.93. Over the next few months I expect to have a 100% graded set.

Phil

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Great accomplishment, Dave
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Super Nice Set ! image
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Saucy
    Congrats on a very tough accomplishment. How many refractors did Topps produce of each player for the 1994 Topps finest set?
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>Saucy
    Congrats on a very tough accomplishment. How many refractors did Topps produce of each player for the 1994 Topps finest set? >>

I've really looked at it and the truth may be that there are actually less examples of each 1994 refractor than the 241 or so produced for 1993.

The conventional wisdom is that there were significantly more refractors in 1994 than 1993, which there are, but only becuase the total number of cards in the set more than doubled from 199 to 440.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In any case I have paved the way and have numerous graded extras if anyone is looking to get started. >>

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment! What's next, are you going for 96-98 or moving on to something else entirely?

If you or PhilG have any spare Larkin refractors, preferably graded in 9 or 10, please PM me image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In any case I have paved the way and have numerous graded extras if anyone is looking to get started. >>

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment! What's next, are you going for 96-98 or moving on to something else entirely?

If you or PhilG have any spare Larkin refractors, preferably graded in 9 or 10, please PM me image >>

Next closest is 99 finest gold, I have the set raw and about a 1/3 is graded.

Haven't worked on the 96's in several years but probably start looking at those again.

I'll let you know on any extra Larkins.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    The only graded Larkin I have is a PSA 8 and I need it for my set.

Phil
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saucy & Phil, thanks for checking on the Larkins!