Home Precious Metals
Options

Expect gold and silver to take a large drop this weekend

tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
---at least based on the number of bargains being offered by nearly all of the sellers right now. My email is filled with bargain offerings for both gold and silver. I do not recall ever seeing this many offerings at melt, low premiums for major brands. Something surely must be in the works.
----- kj

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't help that Non Farm Payroll report is on Friday....and the US market is closed. That means any surprises could come on Monday.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caved and bought a 20 sheet of JM's - So many "bargains" right now I have to admit it sure looks suspicious!
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Its not whether it will be a dollar lower in 2 days, but will it be several dollars lower down the road.
    COA
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a price war between the major bullion dealers trying to earn market share.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    It would be really interesting if we could hear from the big guys about the strategy behind these fire sales.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I caved and bought a 20 sheet of JM's - So many "bargains" right now I have to admit it sure looks suspicious! >>

The "bargains" today won't be bargains later.
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭
    You might be right but I still couldn't resist buying a 2015 1/4 gold eagle at $308 from Silvertowne
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>You might be right but I still couldn't resist buying a 2015 1/4 gold eagle at $308 from Silvertowne >>

Thanks for the heads up! $10 over spot is a good deal, I didn't want to go with any of the full ozers!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought (2) sheets of JM silver
    bars from MCM. I thought they were
    good buys. We'll see next !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strategists and analysts never miss opportunities to tell others, what capitalists always seize.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rising Greek default fears and growing gasoline demand currently strengthening PM prices.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we tend to over analyze and over think things. Some of these specials could all have been end of quarter window dressing. Besides hedging in the futures market is considerably more effective.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we tend to over analyze and over think things. Some of these specials could all have been end of quarter window dressing. Besides hedging in the futures market is considerably more effective.

Mark >>

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think we tend to over analyze and over think things. Some of these specials could all have been end of quarter window dressing. Besides hedging in the futures market is considerably more effective.

Mark >>

image >>

feepay has ginormous problems, and my w.a.g. is that they're waving any fees and paying the spread to the bullion dealers for end of Q1 window dressing, and indemnifying them against any post-transaction losses. feepay would pick-up a few million in sales for YoY comparisons, and the spread paid out to the dealers will amount to nothing after feepay claws back the 20% TRS discount from ten of thousands of sellers with their "defect" system.